• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac now restored and looking much happier. Doing a backup just in case.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      What I'll do with the asbestos sheets I'm not altogether sure.
      The tip will have them. They're bound to be wet through if they've been on an allotment for years - that'll stop the fibres escaping in transit.

Comment

Leek and potato soup made ready for tea. Hideous scenes at the supermarché too. I have resolved to boycott the place for the rest of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          The tip will have them. They're bound to be wet through if they've been on an allotment for years - that'll stop the fibres escaping in transit.
          The tip will take them.

Wrapped.

£17 per single sheet equivalent, whatever the feck that means.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Leek and potato soup made ready for tea. Hideous scenes at the supermarché too. I have resolved to boycott the place for the rest of the month.
            I was going to go shopping on the basis that the mob would be locked up in their offices again, but then I remembered it's a bank holiday. Having assessed the state of the cupboards, freezer, and so on I've realised I only need about three things anyway, and can put those off until Wednesday or Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Post-winter-solstice problems: I need to adjust the time switch on the living room light, as it's coming on too early
              That'll be that damned leap second.

Comment

Originally posted by aardvark View Post
                That'll be that damned leap second.
                Ah, of course! I should take the switch back to Maplin and complain

Comment

And that's the remainder of "Enigma" duly watched.

I'd forgotten what a good film it is.

Even having watched it before, the tension is palpable in places.

Gosh. the Poles are quite obsessed with not being mentioned in a film set in 1943.

Yes.

We know you figured out the pre-war 1933 Enigma.

And gave all sorts of stuff to Dilly & Co. in 1939.

But this is 1943 & things had moved on a tad by then.

Next thing you know it'll be claimed that Bill Tutte didn't figure out the Fish Lorentz teleprinter and Tommy Flowers didn't design & build Colossus.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 2 January 2017, 21:06.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I was going to go shopping on the basis that the mob would be locked up in their offices again, but then I remembered it's a bank holiday. Having assessed the state of the cupboards, freezer, and so on I've realised I only need about three things anyway, and can put those off until Wednesday or Thursday
                    I just added a bottle of gin to my Ocado order to reach the min order level. No need to leave the house.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      And that's the remainder of "Enigma" duly watched.

I'd forgotten what a good film it is.

Even having watched it before, the tension is palpable in places.

Gosh. the Poles are quite obsessed with not being mentioned in a film set in 1943.

Yes.

We know you figured out the pre-war 1933 Enigma.

And gave all sorts of stuff to Dilly & Co. in 1939.

But this is 1943 & things had moved on a tad by then.

Next thing you know it'll be claimed that Bill Tutte didn't figure out the Fish Lorentz teleprinter and Tommy Flowers didn't design & build Colossus.
                      I thought Harrison Ford & Tom Cruise did it all as usual. No reason the Polish or Brits need to get their boots dirty.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X