• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Rainy day out

I don't feel at my best today. Perhaps the final Lagavulin at closing time was a mistake

Comment

Lunch consisted of baked sea bass fillet with roasted plum tomatoes, spuds and other wegetables.

We shall find out shortly whether or not the cruciferous ones are about to extract more revenge.

In a fit of senility, I forgot the little Xmas pud that was left and had an individual blackcurrant & apple pie with custard for sweet.

It was nice enough

Didn't feel like yet more chicken or cooking beef or lamb.

Maybe I'll give that a rest for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        You don't get many of those around here it must be said, though I have met an indigenous Tarquin or was it a Quentin?

Many years ago now.

Last evening, having failed to get past 10 minutes in with HGWMV, we progressed to "The Lady in the Van" which was a bit dicey in parts, thereafter proceeding to view "The Gauntlet" which was suitably mindless but in a good way, though the ending was a bit odd.

I'm sure there's a scene cut from the dvd which explains stuff rather more graphically, but it's 40 years since I saw it in the kinema so that may just be a phantom memory.

The Lady in the Van (2015) - IMDb

The Gauntlet (1977) - IMDb
        Nag, Nag Nag, Nag
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Party time!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Nag, Nag Nag, Nag
            He put up with the nagging for another decade or so IIRC.

Today's "epic" is "Wyatt Earp's Revenge".

Wyatt Earp's Revenge (Video 2012) - IMDb

The only familiar face is Val Kilmer, who must be at least 4 stone heavier than he was in "Tombstone" some 20 or so years earlier.

I watched at least 10 minutes of it in fast forward.

I think a rating of 4.4 is rather too generous.

Stuff is coming back for the New Year on Sky & the Beeb, so I'd better watch some more dvds sharpish.

Comment

In other news, I note that the clouds are going the wrong way again, east to west.

Comment

Watching planet earth with a brew. Choking on peanuts too.

Comment

The other day, M&S had pigs in blankets reduced to clear, so I grabbed some. Just the thing I need today

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The other day, M&S had pigs in blankets reduced to clear, so I grabbed some. Just the thing I need today
                    I had some from Morrisons yesterday. 12 or 18. They all went.

Mostly in big sarnies with an assortment of red & brown sauces.

This late afternoon's entertainment was provided by "Four Lions".

Four Lions (2010) - IMDb

As funny as ever, but the extras on the dvd are quite disturbing.

I'm sure NAT would say there's nothing whatever to worry about of course.

Comment

And this evening I had a Morrisons Steak & Kidney pie, which I find rather more fulfilling in the kidney stakes (see wot I did there?) than the Pukka variety.

Comment

Working...
                      X