• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roast shoulder of lamb recipe on t'blog if anyone is interested.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Apologies - I have not been so active on CUK recently. I hate it when sas is around. He ruins everything.

Being in Wales is teaching me how to live abroad. I have been really struggling with the change. The pay in my new gig is abysmal. Its enough to get by on. I am developing for the first time in 7 years. SSIS, SSRS, sql. Also quite a lot of ftp. I love spending time with baby bp. And MrsBP. The drive to work is spectacular - it takes my breath away every day. Basically it goes past Snowdonia.

How are things with you? Or should I pm?
      I'm fine - not complaining about the pay and being away as both are intentional (giving me time to commercialize the things I'm doing here)...

I'll pm later...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Byeeee

Enough of the odour of hoi polloi.

Comment

I forgot it was trying to rain at 5.30am. It was very strange it was like the slow dripping of a tap . Anyway the sky is still grey and it is still too hot.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Disk Utility? Otherwise there are some low level disk recovery programs, but I'd have to look them up when I get home.

You might be able to do something with the dd command, but you'll want a proper Unix geek to explain that one. That might let you get a bit-by-bit image of the failing drive before it finally stops completely, so you have something to work with.

Also, check out using Disk Utility or anything else for fixing "corrupted" Time Machine backups. Copy the backup to another drive first and work on that: it's a simple Disk Inage file, so it's no different to copying any other file, just a lot bigger.
            Cheers, I'll have a look into it...
            Join IPSE

Comment

Fark me, I'm getting a bit fed up with this cough.

I'll be mainlining Benylin soon.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Fark me, I'm getting a bit fed up with this cough.

I'll be mainlining Benylin soon.
                I'm mainly just snotty now. My sore throat has cleared up for the most part, and the dry cough is just the usual one - it's a common side effect of one of my heart meds

Comment

Give me strength.... Those on IPSE can see why

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Give me strength.... Those on IPSE can see why
                    Has Suity joined?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Has Suity joined?
                      Nope - I'll leave it at that as I don't want to annoy anyone further...

Comment

Working...
                      X