• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    what NF said!

Also did you drink plenty of fluids?
    They make you drink a pint of water before donating.

But the bottle of wine when I got home possibly wasn't the most sensible idea!

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      The lot of a Yorkshireman in London is not a happy one. £6 for a beer (of highly dubious quality) and a bag of cheese and onion makes I sad.
      Mate, you should have said which area you were going, plenty of goodness if you know where to look?

If you are an ale drinker and coming via Euston, you could do far worse than here:-
      I bet their beer is not £6 a pint, even these days and the pub fare may not be gastro, but it is proper gear (even for a Yorkshireman)

The Bree Louise, Euston > Home

Anyway happy to advise on the right places to go in London
      Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 24 November 2016, 19:00.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I ought to eat more oily fish, and this bacon-wrapping concept sounds like a step in the right direction
        Aldi does some nice tinned Mackerel in sauces Curry etc.

Also Mackerel in Tomato sauce from B&M.

The tinned stuff counts.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I was going to suggest Alcohol had something to do with it but I was too polite!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Aldi does some nice tinned Mackerel in sauces Curry etc.

Also Mackerel in Tomato sauce from B&M.

The tinned stuff counts.
            If you like Pate, Mackerel is a really good choice.

The fillets that you can get, buy the more expensive naturally smoked, non dyed ones can actually be quite nice for breakfast, you just grill or stick in the oven

Loads of good stuff in there and you know I love my bacon, sausages, pies....droooool .
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I know it's a cheaper way to get out of it but you are not a student anymore...
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The War on Cholesterol got off to a pretty pathetic start this evening, due to there being two pork spare rib steaks from M&S in the fridge that needed eating

I suppose I ought to have a look at the piscine options when I go shopping tomorrow

Comment

In other news, Richer Sounds have got an excellent deal on a Yamaha sound bar that I quite fancy - £300 off for Black Friday, or more accurately for the week of a holiday in another country that really has no relevance to British retailers but if they want to virtually give the stuff away…

It's buy-in-store only and I'll probably find they don't have any in stock, but I'll try phoning for one on the off chance tomorrow as they're not far away

Comment

Bin day tomorrow! Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Up early to unlock the back gate for the greater good of the community

Although the main bin folk tend to come around lunchtime now, the recycling ones must come earlier, as last week none of the recycling bins were emptied. As the other occupants of the neighbourhood are clearly a bunch of lazy bums, it seems that if I want to leave the gate locked overnight it then falls to me to open it in time for the arrival of the Wombles

Comment

Working...
                      X