• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Joint of pork in the oven, abut to go and start on the veg.
    And very nice it was too.

MrsB's Xmas prezzie and secret santa prezzies have also been obtained.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Looks like I'll be able to find ten reasonably interesting things to read once again this week. But I don't have to bother putting them together until tomorrow, when they should rightfully be assembled

Comment

Hmm. I remembered spotting a planning notice attached to the pedestrian crossing outside, so I went and had a look on the council website. They want to cut back the chestnut tree in our front garden, in order to provide 2m clearance from the traffic lights on the crossing.

I reckon they should have thought of that before they made the lights about 2m taller by putting up a new pole with an additional set of lights on top a few months ago…

Let's hope they don't ravage it too badly

Comment

I may get a moderately early night tonight: tomorrow, I want to start actually doing stuff that I've been putting off for the last few months.

On the bright side, I can get up early (for me) and still have slept two hours later than when I had to go to ClientCo

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

Fun times here. Early morning discussion with the pimp who isn't happy with my lack of opt-out and wants the contract changing. Fine, no problem but I'm not going to a client site without a signed contract in place...

Comment

Not happening today then. Pimp has done a lot of wittering about the opt-out, but nothing I've not heard before. We'll need a special contract for opt-in, it's an IR35 pointer, the client will be able to control you, do you know 99% of contractors opt-out...

Cut the tulip and sort the contract please!

Comment

I usually take the opt out contract sign it and then point out that their failed to do the opt in correctly.

To be honest the only thing it matters for is:-

1) exclusivity clause for period after working there - for which agencies are usually stupidly greedy to the point of invalidating it
                    2) being paid - and if that's became the issue I would point out that the opt out was incorrectly administered and there is a large organisation (IPSE) looking for a test case. Are you feeling lucky..

Depending on the templates the agency is using the opt in one will be hideous. your best trying to grab the opt out one remembering point 2 above.
                    Last edited by eek; 21 November 2016, 08:20.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      I usually take the opt out contract sign it and then point out that their failed to do the opt in correctly.

To be honest the only thing it matters for is:-

1) exclusivity clause for period after working there - for which agencies are usually stupidly greedy to the point of invalidating it
                      2) being paid - and if that's became the issue I would point out that the opt out was incorrectly administered and there is a large organisation (IPSE) looking for a test case. Are you feeling lucky..

Depending on the templates the agency is using the opt in one will be hideous. your best trying to grab the opt out one remembering point 2 above.
                      All good points - sadly on this occasion the agent was moaning that I'd not returned the opt-in schedule. When I told him I didn't intend to (yes, amateur mistake) he pulled that contract and insisted we needed a different one.

It just goes to show that even after the best part of ten years in the game we can all slip up from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                      X