• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Bright and sunny here, though a bit chilly

Thanks to having done the shopping last evening, I've had a wonderful lie-in; though my internal clock, confused not only by the weekend but, still, by the clock change, chose to wake me briefly at 5am, 5:30am, 6am, 6:30am, and 7:20am before finally giving up on me

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Grr - that is all (I'm annoyed with myself)...
      Not as bad as a feared in daylight...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Not as bad as a feared in daylight...
        Go on - the suspense is killing me...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Morning denizens

Bright and sunny here, though a bit chilly

Thanks to having done the shopping last evening, I've had a wonderful lie-in; though my internal clock, confused not only by the weekend but, still, by the clock change, chose to wake me briefly at 5am, 5:30am, 6am, 6:30am, and 7:20am before finally giving up on me
          Same here - Mrs Covbob did the shopping yesterday morning and so don't need to go into town today.

Amazingly CovToddler slept in until 9:30 - and so did I! I feel about fifty times better for that.

Comment

Afternoon all

Earlier I looked on the BA app about my flight tomorrow.
            The flight was 28 hours away at the time. They were saying it was going to take off on time, that's OK, but they are saying it's going to arrive 1 minute early. Not 5 minutes, or 10 or half an hour.
            They are already predicting that an 11.5 hour flight will land 1 minute before it's due.
            (It will most likely land 30 minutes late as usual, but I'm curious as to how they think it will make up such a small fraction of journey time)
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Done my exercise brought some sports clothes now setting a home listening to the radio.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Having opened the kitchen window then not gone back in there for a couple of hours, I'm now downgrading conditions to "very chilly"

Still, the frying of sausages and bacon for this baguette has warmed it up very slightly

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Go on - the suspense is killing me...
                  I'm predicting 'reversed into a bollard at the supermarket'

Comment

Very chilly indeed. Feels positively Baltic in the wind.

Comment

First round of washing done: shirts and such for the coming week. There is a superfluity of shirts, as it's only a three-day week for me

Now in: tea towels and me towels

Comment

Working...
                      X