• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Bit grey here, but dry and fairly mild

One thing I've missed due to setting off and getting back in the dark during the past couple of weeks is that the tree outside my front windows has turned an incredibly vivid gold-orange colour as it starts to shed its leaves. Of course it does this every year, but the intensity of the colours still comes as a surprise each time

Comment

The present mrs BDI is cooking chilli. Ready for our return from the pub this afternoon. As it's gonna get dark early we have decided to set off early too. Makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Afternoon denizens

Bit grey here, but dry and fairly mild

One thing I've missed due to setting off and getting back in the dark during the past couple of weeks is that the tree outside my front windows has turned an incredibly vivid gold-orange colour as it starts to shed its leaves. Of course it does this every year, but the intensity of the colours still comes as a surprise each time
        Some very intense colours about this year. Must be a sign of a sharp winter. Most things seem to be

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Some very intense colours about this year. Must be a sign of a sharp winter. Most things seem to be
          There's been some lovely colours in the trees and hedgerows along the A14 when I'm driving home - almost made the road bearable!

But now we're back on Real Time, it'll be too dark to see them

Comment

40 miles cycled to Gilbert White's House for tea and cake. Watch lost first half of my track log, so I'm sulking.

Comment

Deliberately didn't change the alarm clock and got up at the usual time this morning, which meant I had an extra hour to get some miles in on the bike and still be home at a reasonable time after the club ride.

Took 30 minutes off my personal best for 100 miles as well. All this training must be doing something afterall

Can now look forward to the extra hour in bed tomorrow before work.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Bonfire building complete for next weekend, then came back home did some gardening and started to edit photos from the holiday. 4.5k came down to just over 1300 on the first pass, now it's taking those and tweaking them (and weeding out a few more). The first 40 odd are now done, which covers Stone Town in Zanzibar.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

While you've all been doing that stuff I've done the laundry

And given the car a quick checkup, topped up the oil, and so forth; and been to the Amazon Locker to collect a thing which had been "delivered when available" and so, naturally, turned up on the most inconvenient day of the week for collecting stuff from there

Once I've had a few minutes to contemplate the infinite variety of existence, I'm making myself a Sunday fry-up

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    I noticed that yesterday lots of very bright red and orange leaves.

Anyway I need to cycle home in a couple of hours as I'm out visiting relatives.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Once I've had a few minutes to contemplate the infinite variety of existence, I'm making myself a Sunday fry-up
                      And very nice it was too

Comment

Working...
                      X