• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very unfriendly deer.

My local deer are quite happy to continue rubbing their rather large antlers on a tree an arms width away from from me.

Maybe you need more tourists to feed them Mars bars....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Very unfriendly deer.

My local deer are quite happy to continue rubbing their rather large antlers on a tree an arms width away from from me.

Maybe you need more tourists to feed them Mars bars....
      It's the rutting season, or thereabouts, and I think they tend to get a bit skittish then. I got some very dirty looks from males who thought I was getting too close to their coterie of females, and they seemed generally very suspicious of everybody, even carefully watching groups of people who were quite a distance away in the wide-open-spaces bits of the park. At other times of year they aren't quite as standoffish, though they're never particularly tame.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        It's the rutting season, or thereabouts, and I think they tend to get a bit skittish then. I got some very dirty looks from males who thought I was getting too close to their coterie of females, and they seemed generally very suspicious of everybody, even carefully watching groups of people who were quite a distance away in the wide-open-spaces bits of the park. At other times of year they aren't quite as standoffish, though they're never particularly tame.
        You've just reminded me deer culling time starts soon and the deer will go back to being properly afraid of humans for a few months.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Very grey and gloomy here now

Comment

Cold out. <shiver>

Comment

I'm packed for tomorrow's trip to London. Are the twins? Are they fluff...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Chicken soup turned out pretty nice

Comment

Gave up on the new QI series already
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Oh dear. That's not good news..

Comment

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment