• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Yeah he's an idiot but you don't set someone you "love" to get a criminal conviction over you yourself breaking the law.

She would have just got a fine for fare dodging if she had done nothing when caught. In fact it may not even have been a conviction. Now it's all criminal...
    Yep... The thing is that there wasn't enough for the train company to do anything, as its a first offence.... All they were going to do was to keep an eye out down the line in case she started doing it again...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning denizens

Very Simpsonesque here today

Breakfast has been ordered. Now, we wait…

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Right the story of this morning/

Going back to yesterday I witnessed and reported a not very good attempt at fare dodging to the ticket inspectors - the lady has been doing it for weeks but I finally worked out exactly what she was doing.

So this morning I wandered to the station to catch the train expecting to be verbally assaulted by said fare dodger (its going to happen at some point may as well get on it over with). What I wasn't expecting however was for her partner (who is always in a car at the station lay-by) to follow 30 seconds behind her and headbutt me a few times....

Cue a trip via Ambulance to A&E which was then changed to clientco followed by 2 visits to the Transport Police station in Preston....

Hope you are ok, I know it would have shaken you up but glad to see you are back on the train today, how did she know you were the one that grassed her up though?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Hope you are ok, I know it would have shaken you up but glad to see you are back on the train today, how did she know you were the one that grassed her up though?
          I couldn't move / hide quick enough when the revenue inspector called her back...

Comment

I couldn't move / hide quick enough when the revenue inspector called her back...
            Turns out she's a recruitment consultant BTW

Comment

You dobbed her in to HMRC as well. Well played sir!

Hope you feel better soon.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

If it's not too long winded, what was she doing?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

If it's not too long winded, what was she doing?
                    I think you need to follow my posts - the one from last night (which Smac has quoted above) gives you most of the story...

Comment

the lady has been doing it for weeks but I finally worked out exactly what she was doing.
                      I think you need to follow my posts - the one from last night (which Smac has quoted above) gives you most of the story...
                      It was the bit about what she was doing to dodge the fare I was musing on

Comment

Working...
                      X