• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Herman Melville, him as wrote Moby Dick.
    Worst book I had the misfortune to buy.

Comment

Mrs Eek tells me that my signed limited first edition copy of Alan Moore's Jerusalem has arrived at Eek Towers.

That will be left unread and I will buy the kindle version on Tuesday when its released. I could go for the audiobook but unabridged it's over 60 hours long ....

Hopefully thats my bed time reading for the next few months sorted...
      Last edited by eek; 8 September 2016, 20:17.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Right the story of this morning/

Going back to yesterday I witnessed and reported a not very good attempt at fare dodging to the ticket inspectors - the lady has been doing it for weeks but I finally worked out exactly what she was doing.

So this morning I wandered to the station to catch the train expecting to be verbally assaulted by said fare dodger (its going to happen at some point may as well get on it over with). What I wasn't expecting however was for her partner (who is always in a car at the station lay-by) to follow 30 seconds behind her and headbutt me a few times....

Cue a trip via Ambulance to A&E which was then changed to clientco followed by 2 visits to the Transport Police station in Preston....
        Last edited by eek; 8 September 2016, 21:00.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Going back to yesterday I witnessed and reported a not very good attempt at fare dodging to the ticket inspectors - the lady has been doing it for weeks but I finally worked out exactly what she was doing.

So this morning I wandered to the station to catch the train expecting to be verbally assaulted by said fare dodger (its going to happen at some point may as well get on it over with). What I wasn't expecting however was for her partner (who is always in a car at the station lay-by) to follow 30 seconds behind her and headbutt me a few times....

Cue a trip via Ambulance to A&E which was then changed to clientco followed by 2 visits to the Transport Police station in Preston....
          Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Ouch.
            WMSS. Nasty that - and not very clever as you say,

Comment

Ouch indeed <- manly

Good on you for stitching her up, though

Next time, keep an eye out over your shoulder

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Ouch indeed <- manly

Good on you for stitching her up, though

Next time, keep an eye out over your shoulder
                Tomorrow is straight forward as the police are there to try and get more witnesses.

Monday I'll just drive into Preston rather than driving to my digs and parking by the station. Tuesday will be the most entertaining day...
                Last edited by eek; 8 September 2016, 21:41.

Comment

Tomorrow is straight forward as the police are there to try and get more witnesses.

Monday I'll just drive into Preston rather than driving to my digs and parking by the station. Tuesday will be the most entertaining day...
                  Once these gits have had their collars felt they tend to leave it. You know how you occasionally read that some scrote has been let off jail if they attend a "thinking skills" course? That's because they literally don't know how to think before they act, which is why they act the way they do.

Getting pulled by the Old Bill over something is usually enough to make them back off. They may not be very clever, but they tend not to do anything to make things worse for themselves after that, even if they don't know why any more than Pavlov's dogs knew why they salivated

Comment

It would appear that the police now have some more witnesses watching the people being interviewed this morning.

The female fare dodger appears to have her mum with her but is sitting in a different part of the train. You could say the colour was draining from her face as it became clear things aren't going well but it's so orange you ouldn't really tell

Comment

Morning all
                      5th Wedding anniversary today.
                      Favourite watering hole won two awards last night.
                      TFIF, WFH, etc.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X