• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home!

And after an unremittingly grey day, it's sunny here now

Comment

Once again I'm in "can't be bothered with too much cooking" mode, so dinner was a pork steak, fried and stuck between a couple of bits of bread

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

I'm up before the sun gets over Sainsbury's Local now

However, it's working on it, and it looks like might be sunny in a while

Comment

I was thinking about my contract end date yesterday. The agency messed up issuing the original contract by making the start date a month late, leading to an end date in December. When they re-issued it with the correct start date, they didn't adjust the end date, making it seem seven months long. I've always assumed this is a mistake, but didn't raise it as I didn't want to give them any further reason to mess something up; but my belief is that it's a six-monther, ending in November.

If this is correct then it means that in ten weeks, I'll have finished!

If they want to extend, well, I suppose I'll take it. But I'll see if I can get a month off around Christmas and New Year, and maybe negotiate some WFH for after (though that's tricky as we're dealing with commercially sensitive information, both from the point of view of ClientCo and of their corporate clients). I'm already in need of a break, and another three months should just about see me done

Comment

Morning all a bit humid out there today on the dog walk.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Woke up at 5 and couldn't sleep, so decided to get up and either a) do some client B work b) go swimming or c) go for a run.

In the end I sat and played on sporcle for two hours instead...

Comment

<---

Writing noddy code because I don't trust the others to do it

Can I go home yet....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Can I go home yet....
                    Yes....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Can I go home yet....