• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Night all
    Please type quietly for the next few hours as it appears I am feeling a smidgen musty.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A group of foreign people have sat at the next table. Only the fact that I've recently been watching The Bridge allows me to be fairly sure they're Danish

Comment

Back at the hotel. The last few times I've been here it's been very dry, but after this evening's rain the snails of Wittgenstein Alley have once again been out in force
        Last edited by NickFitz; 24 August 2016, 23:12. Reason: typo :-( FFS, "typo", not "type", autocorrect!

Comment

Shipping Forecast done, so goodnight all

Comment

It appears I am not the worst off after last night, although at breakfast a colleague was surprised to see me and said I was quite loud last night. When I asked a bit more he said I wasn't the loudest.

One of the Japanese managers is sitting opposite me with his head in his hands. He's already left the room twice.

Our beloved PM and the ClientCo manager haven't appeared in the office yet.

Comment

1hr 40mins until the taxi arrives

Just spotted an interesting thing in "Who's online" - a "Guest" user viewing the thread about buying a graphics card. "So what?" you may say. Well, the thread contains the name of an online retailer, and the Guest has an IP address which is owned by said retailer.

Maybe not interesting to anyone else, but given most of you are sound asleep and I am COTB, it's put in 5 minutes of my day.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                1hr 40mins until the taxi arrives

Just spotted an interesting thing in "Who's online" - a "Guest" user viewing the thread about buying a graphics card. "So what?" you may say. Well, the thread contains the name of an online retailer, and the Guest has an IP address which is owned by said retailer.

Maybe not interesting to anyone else, but given most of you are sound asleep and I am COTB, it's put in 5 minutes of my day.
                Lots of companies routinely monitor social media.

Two from memory - we had the ling cars lady pop up here, and the cash for gold lot here.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Lots of companies routinely monitor social media.

Two from memory - we had the ling cars lady pop up here, and the cash for gold lot here.
                  Never link to ling. She'll come back
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start here after a rainy sort of night

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Morning denizens

Grey start here after a rainy sort of night
                      Drizzled on me on the way to the office, plus lots of lovely spray.

At least I got here for 7, which means I can do my changes in peace and leave at a sensible time.

Comment

Working...
                      X