• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    This is not the best day for Mrs Eek to be doing her first 5k run (around hilly Durham to make it worse)
    I hope you have told her to stop immediately if she feels dizzy.

Also I hope you are meeting her at the end with plenty of cold water, some of which you will need to pour over her.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Clouds arrived and then departed again. Windy but still hot and sunny now.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Clouds arrived and then departed again. Windy but still hot and sunny now.
        WDBS. Looks like the last day of school trip to the pub park is a goer

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Also I hope you are meeting her at the end with plenty of cold water, some of which you will need to pour over her.
          +1

I've seen a couple of cases of runners with heat exhaustion. It comes on suddenly and is very debilitating. The first one was a guy at the end of a lake district marathon. 2nd man, 1 mile from home, piled down a steep hill into the valley and carried on into a barbed wire fence - never got a sensible word out of him as I (and another passerby) carried him towards the finish. Ended up in the air ambulance.

Having said that, she ought to be ok for a 5k - good luck Mrs Eek

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Its' not so bad the temperate is like Sunday when she happily did 6.3km with a few smaller hills built in.

I have told her but she won't listen... I also won't be there as I'm 150 miles to the SW of her in Lancashire. My mum and Dad are going to cheer her on though....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Flat is now 'for sale'

Comment

Its' not so bad the temperate is like Sunday when she happily did 6.3km with a few smaller hills built in.

I have told her but she won't listen...

I also won't be there as I'm 150 miles to the SW of her in Lancashire. My mum and Dad are going to cheer her on though....
                Least there are some sensible adults with her. I hope you have "reminded" one of them to take plenty of cold water even if they do end up helping another runner.

I'm off to do some exercise - but it's in doors. I'm going to "glow" so much it will be dripping on the floor.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Home!

The flat is absolutely sweltering

And although the lurgy, after a bad round of sneezing and mucus during the day, is improving, it's still enough to feel unpleasant

Comment

The car's "check engine" light came on shortly after setting off

I pulled into the "services" (such as they are) at the A1-A14 junction and Googled. It seems it may not be urgent, though then again it might. I checked, and the oil was quite low, so I took a chance on whacking a bit more in - enough to bring it up to the bottom line on the dipstick.

It got me home OK, and seems to be running fine, but the light stayed on the whole way. I need to work out how to get it into the garage for a checkup within my current schedule. Maybe I should find somewhere down there, though if it can't be sorted out the same day, that leaves me in the remote reaches of Cambridgeshire. I may have to get the guided bus to Cambridge

Comment

I thought you have more than one car?
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X