• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

24 Deg and rising (about 1 deg an hour)

Comment

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Although the thunder and lightening part of this is probably more apt

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning. I slept!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning, slept quite well last night, can't see what everyone is complaining about with the weather
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Back at the hotel. One thing I like about this, very small, Premier Inn is that the corporate behemoth only seems to do important things to it. It was three years or so ago that I found they'd upgraded the rooms with USB charging points and direct HDMI and audio inputs to the TV, conveniently installed at the desk, which even now not all of the ones I've stayed in have; and now it has air conditioning, which is obviously an epic win tonight. But you still get a proper key attached to a large plastic fob with your room number on it

At the ones in London that have loads of bedrooms and get more attention from HQ, the rooms have RFID keycards instead of locks you turn with a key, and a number scribbled on a bit of card you can lose. But once in, you have to slot the card into a thingy just inside of the door to enable power in the room. Somebody obviously thought this would save them money by turning off lights when people weren't in there. But now, in summer, they have to give you an extra card to leave in the slot by the door, otherwise the air conditioning turns off when you go out, and naturally people don't like coming back to a sweltering room. So they save nothing, and need more cards. Not well thought through, that one
              I found that most of the time, any card slotted into the holder to operate the power to the room works, I normally use a card I know I am not going to use for a while such as my club card etc. Which I don't mind losing either as it is easily replaceable...
              Join IPSE

Comment

I think the first place I encountered the room card key thing was the Holiday Inn (or whatever) in Rugby.

Comment

Hmmmm, well looks like the bench is looming
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                    I found that most of the time, any card slotted into the holder to operate the power to the room works, I normally use a card I know I am not going to use for a while such as my club card etc. Which I don't mind losing either as it is easily replaceable...
                    Yup, or your hotel loyalty card.

You then also get the Daily Mail story that does the rounds every few years about how the room key card holds all your credit card information and your address.
                    It actually holds the room number, security level* and the check out date. No personal information at all.

*Security level is to allow access to privileged areas like the gym, business lounge, lifts to certain floors, etc.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

*Security level is to allow access to privileged areas like the gym, business lounge, lifts to certain floors, etc.
                      Never stayed anywhere posh enough for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X