• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ not that I expect to sleep....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      TFBSZ not that I expect to sleep....
      Wot Eek said.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Back at the hotel. One thing I like about this, very small, Premier Inn is that the corporate behemoth only seems to do important things to it. It was three years or so ago that I found they'd upgraded the rooms with USB charging points and direct HDMI and audio inputs to the TV, conveniently installed at the desk, which even now not all of the ones I've stayed in have; and now it has air conditioning, which is obviously an epic win tonight. But you still get a proper key attached to a large plastic fob with your room number on it

At the ones in London that have loads of bedrooms and get more attention from HQ, the rooms have RFID keycards instead of locks you turn with a key, and a number scribbled on a bit of card you can lose. But once in, you have to slot the card into a thingy just inside of the door to enable power in the room. Somebody obviously thought this would save them money by turning off lights when people weren't in there. But now, in summer, they have to give you an extra card to leave in the slot by the door, otherwise the air conditioning turns off when you go out, and naturally people don't like coming back to a sweltering room. So they save nothing, and need more cards. Not well thought through, that one

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Looks like another sunny one

The Cold has progressed to the mucus-generating phase, while the throat continues to pain me

Comment

Morning all Cloudy and windy here. Summer is over. The Wife (tm) and The Dog (tw) have gone to the beach today.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Morning denizens

Looks like another sunny one

The Cold has progressed to the mucus-generating phase, while the throat continues to pain me
                WNFS and so much for theZeitTheory(tm)

morning all

Comment

Morning!

Decorators have finished. This morning's agenda comprises carpet washing, curtain hanging and general cleaning activities, but tempted to postpone and do 'something' in the sunshine (like sit in the shade!) instead.

Comment

Too goddamn hot to sleep in the bedroom, so slept on the settee in the living room until 06:15, then went back to bed.

Got stiff neck now.

Comment

Now if I drag the aircon unit from under the stairs next door and carry it upstairs here, I reckon it should start raining about 10 minutes later.

Comment

Working...
                      X