• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I'm not sure he realised how much of an I am.
    Perhaps he realised that you have decades of valuable experience.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Perhaps he realised that you have decades of valuable experience.

Decades of valuable experience on stuff that doesn't exist any more Why thank you ma'am.

We'll not mention the 11 years of going quietly crazy posting nonsense on the interweb in an increasingly futile attempt to stay vaguely sane.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Just had a phone call from CF re a job at somewhere half a mile or so away (which isn't mentioned on my CV) and that I lasted 2 whole weeks at 11 years ago.

I'm not sure he realised how much of an I am.

Even they can't be that desperate.
        It took you 2 weeks to eat all the esteemed customers?

At least now you have a constant supply.....

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

Had a massive clap of thunder earlier and heavy rain followed by blue skies, now more rain.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Home!

Very good run today, helped by leaving on the stroke of half four. I would have made it home before six, but a broken-down taxi blocking a lane on the dual carriageway put paid to that

Still, I missed the bongs of Big Ben as I was out of the car unlocking the back gate, so still about ninety minutes door-to-door

Comment

The drive home has reminded me exactly why I take the train. g

I had a broken down Merc at the Earlswood roundabout, but it didn't delay me.

Comment

The perils of buying a second-hand freezer: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...trandomuk_2_na

Comment

Thanks Nick, I'm now just taking an item off eBay...
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Took the plaster off to give my wounded finger some air, and it's coming along remarkably well! The plaster had stuck a bit so I had to soak it off, and this seems to have removed much of the clot that had formed, revealing the surface underneath to be on the pinkish side of red and clearly starting to heal

I reckon it might be all OK sooner than expected, though I'll continue to mollycoddle it for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X