• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Morning all

<Zeity scans the news for signs of a gas explosion in Leicester>
    Watch this space

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Watch this space
      Cigarettes are not a good idea at the moment..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Cigarettes are not a good idea at the moment..
        Good point

Comment

Well that was an interesting morning fixing an elderly neighbour's computer (it started booting into safe mode without network last Sunday).

Turns out Microsoft decided to updated the touchpad controller and then after a couple of reboots windows decided it was didn't like it and refused to start correctly.. Its taken 2 hours of trial and error to fix...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

My mum's in hospital. They think she's had a TIA

To add to the fun, they closed down her local hospital's stroke unit a couple of months ago, so now my sister and her husband are having to take her from the local A&E department, in their own car, to the nearest available one, twenty-odd miles away

But she sounds OK on the phone, apparently. Hopefully just a warning sign is, it seems, the line being taken at the moment

Comment

To add to the fun, they closed down her local hospital's stroke unit a couple of months ago, so now my sister and her husband are having to take her from the local A&E department, in their own car, to the nearest available one, twenty-odd miles away

But she sounds OK on the phone, apparently. Hopefully just a warning sign is, it seems, the line being taken at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Well that was an interesting morning fixing an elderly neighbour's computer (it started booting into safe mode without network last Sunday).

Turns out Microsoft decided to updated the touchpad controller and then after a couple of reboots windows decided it was didn't like it and refused to start correctly.. Its taken 2 hours of trial and error to fix...
                Which is why I've turned off updates.

Comment

Sat on the sofa in the sunroom doing SFA. So far I've set a squirrel trap, changed the batteries in the wildlife camera and watched a replay of this morning's Wild Earth safari.

Plan for the afternoon: watch the afternoon safari game drive live at 2pm. That lasts 3 hours.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

So, as it looks like it'll be at least a week before I can get a new gas oven installed, I'm adopting suitable alternatives. I've just taken an old small rotisserie oven (broken about nine years ago) and combination microwave and fan oven (broken about eight years ago) down to the tip, almost busting a gut in the case of the combi oven; and am now deciding on a new combi oven to get

The old one was excellent: it was a Brother model from the 1970s, the first combination microwave and fan oven ever manufactured, and built like a tank. It served my parents very well for around thirty years, and then managed another ten or so in my company, before suddenly making a loud "ping" and stopping dead shortly after I started cooking some chicken in it on a Friday night after a tiring drive back from London. Since then it's taken up an inordinate amount of space in my overfull kitchen, to no benefit other than a vague sense of nostalgia for its excellent cooking. But now I have bid it farewell, and an upstart will be taking its place

In fact now I think back, I never actually used the oven in the cooker that's to be replaced until that old Brother died; I simply had no need to. I only used the rings and the grill. As the likely replacement for the Brother has a grill as well, I may end up just getting an electric hotplate or a two-ring camping stove and not bothering with a new oven at all

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X