• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Night all
    Goodnight

Comment

Got to be up at 6 to ensure the twins are at the Station by 7:10 so night all....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Looking at the site right now

That and Which?
          2 things here:
          1. Isolate the gas supply with the meter lever.
          2. Sleep well.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            2 things here:
            1. Isolate the gas supply with the meter lever.
            2. Sleep well.
            It's OK now. The problem seems to be that the thingy should pop out a little bit when turned to Off, thereby closing the valve fully. But it was sticking slightly at the end of its travel, so the valve wasn't closing. My fiddling about got it unstuck, and there's no sign that even a trace of gas is still escaping, according to the evidence of sticking my nose within half-an-inch of it repeatedly throughout the evening. So as long as I don't use that ring, thereby risking getting it stuck again, it should be fine. (I've left the knob off it, so that it'll remind me if I absent-mindedly attempt to do so.)

Though as that was one of the only two rings left still useable on the thing, the other one being the smallest one at the back, that's only for certain values of "fine"

But it's not showing any signs that it'll start leaking again if it's left undisturbed, so it should be OK for now

Comment

Morning all

<Zeity scans the news for signs of a gas explosion in Leicester>

Comment

It must be said that the R4 Book at Bedtime version of "The Third Man" was rather enjoyable.

It had much much less zither music than the film.

Which is all to the good.

Comment

'Tis the Swansea Airshow today & tomorrow.

Current cloud base is about 1500 feet.

And there's large, very large, drops of water falling out of it, somewhat intermittently.

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather cloudy out, but with sunny bits

Comment

Working...
                      X