• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

Now to the serious business of the day... invoicing!

Sadly I think we're stuck in the dark ages of faxing timesheets here. Having managed email at one place and online self-billing in another it's a real step back (and a pain in the bum). I wonder if any of the other contractors dotted around know any better. Time to go and say hello I guess

Comment

Chap at next desk is back today from a trip to France for the football. "Europe's started sending people back already, then?" I quipped. Not much reaction

But he's ordering the breakfast cobs, so

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Looks like I'll be having a Facebook free day. The anger and arguing going on is pretty eye opening.
        Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I unfollowed 2 people on Facebook in the last few days mostly because they don't know the difference between England and the U.K.
        That's why I unfollowed all my friends ( and family) on FB from day one other than those who are in the food industry. I'm not interested in people's personal lives unless it happens to involve food or drink.

I did however today post one unfood related comment, but that is about it.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Will now have to play the waiting game on this vote, it doesn't impact my rights to live in cloggers but Mr N will have problems.
          make sure he knows you expect tea in bed etc.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            make sure he knows you expect tea in bed etc.
            Despite the fact he doesn't drink the stuff he always makes me a cuppa in the morning.

He know's that its not save to deal with me until I have had one.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Also this result fecks any chance of MrN getting a job now.

No cloggy company will consider anyone from the UK now with all the uncertainty.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Better start applying for Irish passports for NorPuss I and II now

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Also this result fecks any chance of MrN getting a job now.

No cloggy company will consider anyone from the UK now with all the uncertainty.
                  if he gets a cloggy passport won't that help?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    if he gets a cloggy passport won't that help?
                    Its a long and painful process and they don't make it easy at all. You may think the cloggies are tolerant welcoming nation, but they are not and that also applies to other EU citizens living here.

We're going to let the dust settle and consider our options. One of which will be whether or not we sell our house in the UK, the other being marriage as he can then get an Irish passport. If Scotland votes for independence then there is the possibility of a Scottish passport as one of his grandparents was Scottish.

Needless to say neither of us are happy with the outcome!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Think it will be takeout again tonight I have no interest in cooking atm.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X