• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    Ommm...
    Century

Comment

Comment

Been dicking around with a Python Twitter library. I ended up reading the source of another one that did some stuff I needed, to work out how to do it myself using the first one. Then I realised that I should just use the second one instead

Ah well, only wasted about an hour, and I now know more about how both of them work

Comment

To the Chinese for dinner!

I assume this means it'll start raining shortly after I start walking there

Comment

Ireland beat SA and it's world gin day. Guess what my liver is doing?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Ireland beat SA and it's world gin day. Guess what my liver is doing?
              Hoping Zeity has no Chianti and no fava beans?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                ZenChuryOm(tm).

What a frightening thought, this thread is inching towards 300k posts.

Who'd have thunk it?
                Must really annoy some...
                Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  To the Chinese for dinner!

I assume this means it'll start raining shortly after I start walking there
                  It didn't actually rain, but the occasional drop of water fell from the sky. I think it was just reminding me of what it could do if it chose to

Food was very nice though, so even if it had rained properly it would have been worth it

Comment

Frikadelan for tea plus a nice Shiraz.

It was school fete today. They were having rowing competition furthest in 2 minutes. Miss 2 who was rowing for her school at national level took first & second place, Miss V2 took third place and Vetran took 4th place (yeah I was surprised at being 20m short of the winner) . I was surprised apparently my family are good at rowing or the other competitors are all related to slugs though there were about 50 others.

Miss V1 chose her prom dress which is quite lovely, yes its thoroughly American but it seems the the pupils love it, it apparently doesn't have the same sexual expectations thank god.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tweets about Cwmbran inspired me to have a look on Street View; I think I've located the office block I visited in 2000 to get a load of technical info from a company there on behalf of my then ClientCo.

It was an outfit that screen-scraped holiday deals off the Viewdata system travel agents use and stuffed them into a SQL Server database. Then UK travel websites downloaded a copy of the database to power their sites. The one I was working on, for West Midlands Co-op Travel, went for the expensive hourly download. Literally every single UK travel agency website was powered by that database in those early days of ecommerce

Comment

Working...
                      X