• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Frimley parkrun 'off' today, so need to decide where I'm going. Bracknell's closest, so suppose it makes sense.

Comment

Fancy some toast for brekkie, but we don't have any bread
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and showery here

Off to do the shopping. Not going to all those crap places from last week, though

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Shopping done, coffee brewing

I explored uncharted territory in M&S by complaining

Well, not so much complaining, just asking that they honour a promised discount. They had racks of ribs at £4 a go, with a shelf label advertising that they were £10 for 3 - and it was part-and-parcel of the label saying what they were, so it couldn't be one that had accidentally been slid along the shelf or anything. So I grabbed the last three, as although I've already got a couple in the freezer it's always worth having more.

But when I rang them up, no discount appeared. I pointed this out to the Guardian of the Self Checkouts, and we went off and checked the shelf, and she agreed that it was grossly deceptive advertising of the most brazen kind and they should be mulcted in exemplary damages, or words to that effect. So somebody else came over and, when last seen, was removing the offending label from the shelf, while the GotSC spent several minutes trying to work out how to ring up my £2 refund, with the assistance of a supervisor who seemed to find the staff-only screens on the till almost as confusing as she did. (I suspect a waterfall process was used in their design.)

So that's all done and dusted, I got £2 I didn't really need off ribs, I don't really have anything else to do for the rest of the weekend barring laundry, and the coffee should be ready by now

Comment

Just has a call from The "Britain's stronger in" campaign.

Didn't let her do her pitch - really object to people who make me get up from my armchair to answer a cold call.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Just has a call from The "Britain's stronger in" campaign.

Didn't let her do her pitch - really object to people who make me get up from my armchair to answer a cold call.
                  Had that on Monday to my mobile while at work. One way to guarantee a leave vote from me.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Email from the agent asking how things are going. Hope he doesn't know something I don't

There's been a few things that give me the impression he's fairly new at the game and working hard to impress; sending work emails on Saturday lunchtime reinforces that belief. Still, if he wants to work hard to succeed, more power to him. Never been my style, but there you go

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Email from the agent asking how things are going. Hope he doesn't know something I don't

There's been a few things that give me the impression he's fairly new at the game and working hard to impress; sending work emails on Saturday lunchtime reinforces that belief. Still, if he wants to work hard to succeed, more power to him. Never been my style, but there you go
                      It is an interesting one. I had a conversation with a young lad at previous clientCo, who was working all hours. I told him that it becomes expected, he'd be unlikely to get thanks for it, and that his time was too precious to give for free. He looked thoroughly confused and said that as he was starting his career, he needed to impress. He got made redundant three months later.

Comment

Working...
                      X