• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Up early to go and get the shopping done before the peasantry are out and about in great numbers

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Morning denizens

Up early to go and get the shopping done before the peasantry are out and about in great numbers
      Good gosh. You're up bright and early for the weekend. This gainful employment is doing you good.

here again. Parkrun beckons...

Comment

Morning.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

Watch the skies!

NF has been substituted by an creature from a pod!

Morning all

Comment

Home again

My exploration of the retail emporia has been… enlightening

I went up the road to the Tesco Superstore near town first. This is clearly some use of the word "super" with which I am not familiar. Still, it allowed me to buy some odds and sods using a ClubCard voucher from my energy supplier and almost no cash, which is the only reason I went there in the first place. Their bottled ale selection was rubbish, mind, or I would have used more vouchers

Next I headed out of town to Asda, drawn by the promise of cheap bottled ale. Great God, this is an awful place! I go there every couple of years; it takes about that long for the utter wretchedness of the experience to fade from my memory enough that I chance it again. According to the receipt I saved £3.48 on eight bottles of beer, though compared to the price of the same ales from Sainsbury's I saved £4.40. Suffice it to say I will happily pay the extra in future if it means I don't have to set foot in that dreadful shop again

Over the way to M&S in search of the flesh of animals. By now it was getting on towards nine, and although the retail park's car park was almost empty, the M&S food shoppers were out in force. One really needs to get there just after they open at eight. It was still too early for there to be a queue at the self-checkouts though, so I was able to get in and out in a couple of minutes.

And finally over to Sainsbury's for whatever remained to get. Still quite bearable, though if it hadn't been for the Tesco voucher and the Asda beer I would have been there before eight, which is the only time to get there on a Saturday.

Anyway, that's all done now. My coffee is brewing, and I have sausages for breakfast

Comment

Hair cut done though the barbers was empty (60 haircuts yesterday probably explains the lack of an end of holiday rush).

Also collected the parcel at the post office so now have my new amp (second hand premium priced amptastic as they won't have stock for a month). Unfortunately the speakers won't arrive until Tuesday so I won't know what it really sounds like until the.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Dog walked, April's invoice payment confirmed with accountant, just checking my status... 6 years into the offset mortgage and we now have just over 1/2 the remaining amount sitting in the offset account.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Hair cut done though the barbers was empty (60 haircuts yesterday probably explains the lack of an end of holiday rush).

Also collected the parcel at the post office so now have my new amp (second hand premium priced amptastic as they won't have stock for a month). Unfortunately the speakers won't arrive until Tuesday so I won't know what it really sounds like until the.
                    I could do with a haircut, but I need to recover from the shopping first. Maybe next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Dog walked, April's invoice payment confirmed with accountant, just checking my status... 6 years into the offset mortgage and we now have just over 1/2 the remaining amount sitting in the offset account.
                      I got the automated agency email last night with the subject line "Remittance Advice". They're my favourite kind of emails

Comment

Working...
                      X