• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Day one at new client site and it's reassuring to see that the private sector is just as badly organised as the public one.

No IT, but they have a spare laptop that no one else wants to use. No user ID (Friday, maybe), guy I'm replacing goes home at 15:00, guy I'm working for in meetings, machine for printing ID cards broken.

Pretty much everyone I've met has opened the conversation with "Welcome to the mad house."

I thought that joke died in the 1970s

Comment

The offending cock has been replaced resulting in facilities being restored. All carpets and underlay removed to a soggy pile outside. Kitchen and lounge cleared of 'stuff'* in preparation for demolition works. Pictures taken to show to the insurance persons. All that remains for today is to visit plumber to receive a write-up of the cause of the issue and remedial actities undertaken. And then go to the pub for some much needed

* - this needed doing more than owt else and had me thinking more than once 'how on earth can people live like this?'. I then thought, if I were of a religious persuasion I would reference the great flood sent to cleanse humanity. But i'm not so i'll call it karma.

Comment

I don't understand it's the start of June and it's as dark October.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Home!

Not too bad a run today - though I had to make a detour for fuel and some bits of shopping.

Now to make a steak and ale casserole - the ale being one of the bits

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            "It's the shadowy hand of the European Commission hovering over the UK" - that lot in General.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Blue sky with a couple of clouds.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Blue sky with a couple of clouds.
                Very sunny in North Wales.

And at this time of year I get 30 minutes more daylight than London.

Comment

Grey all day here.

Reading FC are running a competition to suggest names for their new stand.

They have now updated their website to say that Standy McStandFace will not be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Grey all day here.

Reading FC are running a competition to suggest names for their new stand.

They have now updated their website to say that Standy McStandFace will not be considered.
                    That's logically inaccurate. They have considered it (already) and ruled it out.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The aroma of my casserole is drifting through the flat. It's so nice I almost want to leave it cooking rather than dish it up

Comment

Working...
                      X