• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Some bugger's turned off the air con in the office as the permies down one end were whinging about it. I've got a proper sweat on now.
    You need to wear less clothes.

I hate open plan offices especially those without windows that can open.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There's a thing, the ep of "Vera" that I missed last night was a repeat.

I had to spent 20 minutes finding out how to use the itv player, remember how to log in, remember/change the password twice, and then find Vera missing to twig that it was a repeat.

Ho hum.

And the C4 thingie about the moustachioed one seemed to require registration, which I'm sure it didn't last week.

Then it complained about drm & refused to fecking play coz the browser is Opera.

POS!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You need to wear less clothes.

I hate open plan offices especially those without windows that can open.
        Me too - sadly they seem to be everywhere these days.

And I'm only wearing a normal shirt - ditched the jacket a couple of weeks back.

Comment

I suppose I could sit around at ClientCo in my pants. That'd keep me cool.

Comment

Productive day.
            1. Kitchen socket replaced - now with 2 usb ports as well as 2 plug sockets.
            2. Cellar lighting extended to (hopefully) dispel the stygian gloom whilst doing stuff.
            3. Old laptop backed up to NAS, connected to network and updated (running VISTA of all things) just in case
            4. Current laptop backed up to NAS and upgraded to windoze 10 (fingers crossed no issues thus far, start menu woes aside, it appears to improved performance somehow)
            5. Discussion with pimp to the effect that they have no current roles available

So, all quite satisfactory.

Now it's gone dark and is hammering down on the kids making their way home from school, which is cheering up the Old Git in me.

Comment

That's the 'elf & safety soiree done for now.

Part two is in a month.

Part three is in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                That's the 'elf & safety soiree done for now.

Part two is in a month.

Part three is in 2017.
                Are you planning to still be there for part three?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Are you planning to still be there for part three?
                  I'm amazed I'm still here now.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Productive day.
                    1. Kitchen socket replaced - now with 2 usb ports as well as 2 plug sockets.
                    2. Cellar lighting extended to (hopefully) dispel the stygian gloom whilst doing stuff.
                    Is Sir Part P qualified to make these amendments to Sir's electrical installation?

Just askin', like.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Is Sir Part P qualified to make these amendments to Sir's electrical installation?

Just askin', like.
                      Nope. But since sir is the only one likely to come a cropper...

AFAIK you can spur off existing circuits without being part p qualified, but you can't add in new circuits. But if anyone asks, 'it looked like that when I got here'.

Comment

Working...
                      X