• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I have 4 mins in between train changes, the first train has been persistently 5 mins late.
    I need 4 minutes to get from Desk to train... I need to give it 6 minutes as otherwise I can be caught by other travelers not having their tickets ready..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I have 4 mins in between train changes, the first train has been persistently 5 mins late.
      In the UK you are suppose to allow 30-45 mins for changing trains due to the fragmentation of the rail network.

What's amusing is if you do a connection with the same company you gave to wait longer than if it's with a different company. The companies do the timetables like that to avoid being fined.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

How is everyone btw?
        Tired

I keep forgetting I have to be up at six in the morning to stand a chance of getting home again before seven in the evening, and staying up too late

On the bright side, the agency sorted out the timesheet problem and the first self-bill invoice has been generated

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Tired

I keep forgetting I have to be up at six in the morning to stand a chance of getting home again before seven in the evening, and staying up too late

On the bright side, the agency sorted out the timesheet problem and the first self-bill invoice has been generated
          I have to wait 30 days for mine to kick in after that it will be weekly.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            In the UK you are suppose to allow 30-45 mins for changing trains due to the fragmentation of the rail network.

What's amusing is if you do a connection with the same company you gave to wait longer than if it's with a different company. The companies do the timetables like that to avoid being fined.
            We have one network, one ticket system for everything, so I can use the oyster card equivalent for everything nationally.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I have to wait 30 days for mine to kick in after that it will be weekly.
              Weekly timesheets, but a fixed 4-4-5 week cycle for payments. I, of course, started in the last week of a 4 week stint that's followed by a 5 weeker

Comment

Lamb rogan josh for tea, courtesy of those nice Patak people

Comment

Earlier today I was offered a red pill or a blue pill. Most of me says take the blue. Too many red pills in the game so far.
                  But who I am today is due to the red pills.
                  If I go blue, it's purely for my own good.
                  If I go red, it's for the good of others, but not all that altruistic.

Grrrr. I don't know what to do.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Weekly timesheets, but a fixed 4-4-5 week cycle for payments. I, of course, started in the last week of a 4 week stint that's followed by a 5 weeker
                    Weekly billing with the added complication that it needs to be signed twice once on paper then once entered into a different system approved by clientco' finance.

It's a complete faff but now I've got it working its weekly billing 1 week terms
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Right, let's try to get slightly more sleep than I managed last night, though still not enough

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X