• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    In completely unrelated news the local WI have just had one of their "evenings"
    Was it run by that nice Ann Summers?

Comment

In other news, I've just returned from Cardiff having affirmed that I am who I say I am and probate should be given.

Alongside ZeitSis, who also affirmed the same thing.

It took at least five minutes in the probate registry, whereas the travel to & fro took two hours and the beer down in the bay took another hour.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        It took at least five minutes in the probate registry, whereas the travel to & fro took two hours and the beer down in the bay took another hour.
        Eli Jenkins? Or the newly renovated Dock?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Eli Jenkins? Or the newly renovated Dock?
          Pub by Techniquest, can't remember what it's called, it's a Wetherspoons.

The Mount Stuart. Apparently.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 19 May 2016, 16:44.

Comment

While it was dry in Swansea, there was a shower of rain in Bridgend, it was dry in Cardiff, though picking a bit, by the time I got back to sunny Neath, it was pissing down.

It's verging on murrain of beasts at the moment.

Comment

Home!

I almost made it there for half eight today, but I forgot my sandwich so I stopped off at a petrol station (incorporating M&S Food Shop) nearby, which meant I got there nearer quarter to nine. On reflection, it's only a few minutes away from ClientCo on foot, so I should have walked there during my lunch break.

They expect the permies to do an eight hour day; another example of their slightly postwar mentality, along with the clothes issue. They also say "it's the law" that one has a half hour lunch break, so I can't pull my trick of having no lunch and leaving early.

But at least they say contractors (of which I'm the only one) do seven and a half hours. So if I get there by half eight, I can be out the door at half four, which is the end of their only-marginally-flexitime core hours

Comment

Checking the map, it turns out there's a footpath along the brook that runs at the back of ClientCo that comes out just by the petrol station - Google Maps reckons five minutes on foot, so I'll definitely explore that when the weather's a bit better

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Pub by Techniquest, can't remember what it's called, it's a Wetherspoons.

The Mount Stuart. Apparently.
                  I know it. You're correct, it's a wetherspoons.

Comment

Chicken casserole from 23rd March out of the freezer for dinner. With rice. I couldn't be bothered with anything that would take more effort than that, but it was OK

Comment

Goodnight all

Friday tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                      X