• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chased the agent. After hunting around he found my application, and we ended up chatting for twenty minutes. He reckoned I seemed to have what the client was after and claims he's going to send my CV across in a batch on Wednesday, so it may be a goer

Comment

I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in ages in Sainsbury's. She's one of the lost tribe that were scattered to the winds when DMU knocked down the pub.

We chatted for a bit, then she said she'd better get on as she was supposed to be at work, explaining that she'd just popped out to get a leaving card, but had ended up getting "a few bits" as well.

Looking in her trolley, I observed that one of the "few bits" was a twelve piece dinner service. When I pointed this out she laughed and said "Yeah, well, I just thought I'd get some bananas while I was here, and it kind of went on from there"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Overall, I'm not convinced that the move to digital has been a rip-roaring success, though I suppose it's slightly easier on the GP's biro
        Well yes, as I found out it can result in repeat prescriptions for controlled drugs being dispensed and delivered to dead people (despite both pharmacist and GP being told).

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Well yes, as I found out it can result in repeat prescriptions for controlled drugs being dispensed and delivered to dead people (despite both pharmacist and GP being told).
          So far I'm just glad to eventually get the damn stuff, after the screwup last month

Comment

Just checked out FlightRadar24 as there was a quite noisy plane overhead. Not sure if I got the right one, but it may have been a RyanAir flight heading to Manchester.

Observing that another aircraft was going to cross its path to the west of Derby, I switched to that one - and it's an RAF Spitfire Mk. XVIe on a test flight!

As the jet was at about 15,000 feet and the Spitfire is zooming around between 3,000 and 4,000 feet, they didn't collide

Comment

The Spitfire turned back just short of the Welsh border and is now most of the way back home to RAF Coningsby

Comment

Satanic Temple explains why Ted Cruz isn't Lucifer.

Comment

At the meeting with CUK Supreme Leadership it was agreed to delete this thread at midnight tonight. Enjoy it while you can ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    At the meeting with CUK Supreme Leadership it was agreed to delete this thread at midnight tonight. Enjoy it while you can ...
                    You are going to be so disappointed tomorrow morning

:
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X