• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone see Line Of Duty last night?

(for those who are going to iPlayer it, I shall try not to spoil it)

I was quite surprised that at one stage they showed a photo including a certain famous celebrity. Suddenly the show went from being a work of fiction to treading a line with fact.

Although I should have guessed where it was heading when "Dale Roach", the fat politician/paedophile, appeared in it. I mean, Ro(a)ch, Dale is a little obvious, innit?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Seems yesterday's waste of time interview was not a waste of time, have another one today.

This time a phone call and the pimp made sure he got his time zones right this time.
      Good luck

While you thought it was then going through the motions to pacify London before saying no, clearly it was to ensue you knew some Dutch before following London's desire for a yes.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Good luck

While you thought it was then going through the motions to pacify London before saying no, clearly it was to ensue you knew some Dutch before following London's desire for a yes.
        I didn't speak any Dutch yesterday.

What was supposed to be a final call today, which went very well, is not a final call and there will be yet another face to face on Monday.

Can't they just tell me I've got the gig, so I can go out and buy loads more wine!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I didn't speak any Dutch yesterday.

What was supposed to be a final call today, which went very well, is not a final call and there will be yet another face to face on Monday.

Can't they just tell me I've got the gig, so I can go out and buy loads more wine!
          Get the gig, buy wine to celebrate
          Didn't get the gig, buy wine to comiserate
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Get the gig, buy wine to celebrate
            Didn't get the gig, buy wine to comiserate
            To be honest I need to spend my money on getting the roof fixed.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

To be honest I need to spend my money on getting the roof fixed.

OK, get the gig, have a night on the tiles.

Comment

What the hell is happening today, just checked my watch and its only half two, this day is dragging!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  What the hell is happening today, just checked my watch and its only half two, this day is dragging!

Likewise here.

OK, question for you to think about since you're bored... where is the cheapest place in the world to buy camera lenses?
                  (or alternatively, where in the UK will I get a great price trading in a 500mm f/4 for a 200-400mm f/4. Have already looked at MPB, Park, Wex and LCE, do you know of anywhere else?)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    OK, get the gig, have a night on the tiles.
                    Not that short of cash, have a couple of friends who are heading to Burgundy soon so have already put an order in for them to pick up

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Raining at the Wharf now.

Comment

Working...
                      X