• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Japanese guys on my train keep on bowing to each other.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just had a braai in the rain. 4 Lamb Rumps, sweet potato and Maris Pipers. Hogsback IPA to keep myself motivated. Spent the afternoon letting the bench cool down whilst I went divotting at New Zealand GC. Such is the life...
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

In the pub

Place has had a lick of paint since I was last here. Bit brighter in here now

Comment

G'night all.

Enjoy the rest of your birthday, MrFitz.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            G'night all.

Enjoy the rest of your birthday, MrFitz.
            Cheers, sweet dreams if any

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              4 Japanese guys on my train keep on bowing to each other.
              A sibling of mine used to work for a Japanese investment bank in the City. She was advised not to bow at all, ever, not even a little bit when everybody else was doing it, because the level of bowing is so finely graded and has such powerful implications in Japanese social interactions that a Westerner - more accurately, a person of non-Japanese-upbringing - would inevitably get it wrong and thereby either cause offence (don't bow far enough, not enough deference) or earn contempt (bow too far, too much deference). But if you didn't bow at all, ever, they wouldn't judge you.

The only way to win is not to play

Comment

BTW, has anybody else noticed that down there in the lower left of each post you can't like or thank yourself, but you can report yourself to the powers that be

(For non-visual readers, it's probably being read out by your screen reader as "Report Post", immediately after the contents of the post, but with "Thanks", "Like", and "Reputation" being read out before it on posts that aren't your own.)

Comment

Morning all.

Sunny.

Bright.

Dry.

Cold.

Sky blue from horizon to horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Cheers, sweet dreams if any
                    For some odd reason, last night I dreamed of ZeitMog.

And, even more oddly, I dreamed I couldn't remember how I got her she acquired me.

Comment

Morning.

Sunny for once.

Right off to improve my fitness
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X