• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFS. General just reminds me of that Haribo adverts at the moment. You know it's an adult that's speaking but what you hear is a kid's voice.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      In Wales, public sector jobs go to those who can speak Welsh. I am not sure if they can officially do that. But it is what happens.
      You can easily do that.... It was why I used it as an example.

It also works in reverse. To avoid upsetting any firm in Wales the development agency outsourced their system development to people in Sunderland
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I am in my whistle today : ready for my 3:30 interview.
        Give 'em hell

Or, you know, whatever seems appropriate. Play it by ear. On reflection, hell may not be the best thing to give them; at least, not right off the bat. Use your best judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Interview was as expected a big fat waste of time.

Hardly asked me any questions and it was clearly obvious that they wanted a Dutch speaker and only interviewed me because the London head office told them too.
          Bummer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Give 'em hell

Or, you know, whatever seems appropriate. Play it by ear. On reflection, hell may not be the best thing to give them; at least, not right off the bat. Use your best judgement.
            Sound advice from NF as ever!

Oddly, I don't want the job. I want to go away and do something else. But the money is too good.

At some point I am going to have to get off the treadmill.

Comment

I thought urine was good for plants. An excellent source of Nitrate?

I remember when I was 9 a bull escaped and had to be shot. The farmer on whose land it was shot on objected to the blood on her land. The other farmer pointed out she should be grateful.
              I think it depends on what the animal has been eating. Animals eating plants have lovely nutritious urine full of goodness, animals eating meat less so.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                It is remarkable how racist the rest of Europe is in ways that Britain just isn't anymore. Although granted everyone knows English so unless it's in Wales we don't have a blatant escape route
                The Dutch are the worst in comparison with the French and Germans.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

In Wales, public sector jobs go to those who can speak Welsh. I am not sure if they can officially do that. But it is what happens.
                  Its the same in Ireland, a preference will be given to anyone who speaks Irish.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I am in my whistle today : ready for my 3:30 interview.
                    Good luck!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      FFS. General just reminds me of that Haribo adverts at the moment. You know it's an adult that's speaking but what you hear is a kid's voice.
                      Try imagining them speaking like Alvin and the Chipmunks, much more entertaining.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X