• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Interview was as expected a big fat waste of time.

Hardly asked me any questions and it was clearly obvious that they wanted a Dutch speaker and only interviewed me because the London head office told them too.

Comment

Still in other news my prize from the cookery competition finally turned up and was installed this morning.

Only took 6 months to sort it out, but my wine fridge is installed and now needs more wine, as I may have drunk some of the stuff I bought last year while waiting for it to turn up.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Interview was as expected a big fat waste of time.

Hardly asked me any questions and it was clearly obvious that they wanted a Dutch speaker and only interviewed me because the London head office told them too.
        It is remarkable how racist the rest of Europe is in ways that Britain just isn't anymore. Although granted everyone knows English so unless it's in Wales we don't have a blatant escape route
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Re: Dogs

Afternoon all

More excitement on the residents email.

Could I please ask the lady with the two jack Russell looking dogs , who were outside my house at 7.40am this morning, not to stop and let the dogs walk and urinate over my knew planted shrubs and borders while she stands there letting them, very ignorant, I did bang on the window but she chose to ignore me!

and in reply

Surely dogs urinating on borders is not an issue? As long as their mess is cleared up is this really a problem? I can't help thinking that this lady is being a tad precious....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            It is remarkable how racist the rest of Europe is in ways that Britain just isn't anymore. Although granted everyone knows English so unless it's in Wales we don't have a blatant escape route
            In Wales, public sector jobs go to those who can speak Welsh. I am not sure if they can officially do that. But it is what happens.

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 12 August 2016, 20:43.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                In Wales, public sector jobs go to those who can speak Welsh. I am not sure if they can officially do that. But it is what happens.
                Here in Coventry I'm not convinced the locals speak English. It's some debased dialect with all sorts of weird vowel substitutions.

Comment

'ing out in Excel
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Nice day out

Supposedly it'll cloud over later. Still, enjoy it while it lasts

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      Afternoon all

More excitement on the residents email.

Could I please ask the lady with the two jack Russell looking dogs , who were outside my house at 7.40am this morning, not to stop and let the dogs walk and urinate over my knew planted shrubs and borders while she stands there letting them, very ignorant, I did bang on the window but she chose to ignore me!

and in reply

Surely dogs urinating on borders is not an issue? As long as their mess is cleared up is this really a problem? I can't help thinking that this lady is being a tad precious....
                      I thought urine was good for plants. An excellent source of Nitrate?

I remember when I was 9 a bull escaped and had to be shot. The farmer on whose land it was shot on objected to the blood on her land. The other farmer pointed out she should be grateful.

Comment

Working...
                      X