• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

The Super Monkey Car has been dropped off at the vet's for its MOT. Now, we wait…

The combination of getting up nice and early, driving the car over there, then the ten-minute brisk walk back, has left me feeling bright, breezy, and invigorated

Just kidding; it's left me feeling like crap. Strong coffee is brewing and until I've had that, I can't even face the prospect of popping across the road for a breakfast cob

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Groete...
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Made it over the road for a sausage and bacon cob. It's spitting out there, but no full-blown rain just yet. I imagine that's being held off until it's time for me to walk back up to get the car

Comment

Comment

Nodding off at my desk. Feck knows how I'm gonna get to 5:30.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Nodding off at my desk. Feck knows how I'm gonna get to 5:30.
                BigMac and a gallon of coffee? Punching the muppet who desperately deserves it can raise the adrenalin levels.

Comment

Morning all
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Appears I have a face to face interview (tba) with the potential clientco that I had a phone interview last week.

Am not holding breath as this is the "must speak fluent cloggy" role.

Interview last week was with an English bloke, F2F will be with some cloggy peeps. English bloke maintains they want someone who can do the job irrespective of language skills. I suspect his cloggy counterparts will disagree.

At least it will get me out of the house for a while whenever it is.
                    Last edited by norrahe; 14 April 2016, 09:14.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Hmm. Bad news about the Super Monkey Car. It's pretty much rotted away underneath the left side

Jason reckons it's definitely on its last legs, or wheels. As he puts it: if something were to run into it, he can't even predict how it would respond, but it wouldn't be good; probably not even survivable.

I'm having a think about it for now, but maybe it's time to let it go

Comment

Working...
                      X