• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Still not sure what to have tonight…
    Turned out to be the last of those bits of frozen cod in batter - the ones that don't look enough like they came out of a factory for my stunted Northern-child-of-the-60s tastes

I ignored the official instructions and shallow fried this one, rather than baking it in the oven. It was better for this mistreatment; with chips and beans, it went down very nicely

I'll still get the factory-fresh, obviously machine-made ones next time, though

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Off to Luton aiport.
      You are Loraine Chase & I claim my five Campari & soda.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Turned out to be the last of those bits of frozen cod in batter - the ones that don't look enough like they came out of a factory for my stunted Northern-child-of-the-60s tastes

I ignored the official instructions and shallow fried this one, rather than baking it in the oven. It was better for this mistreatment; with chips and beans, it went down very nicely

I'll still get the factory-fresh, obviously machine-made ones next time, though
        Unless I make a mistake, I buy the M&S breaded haddock, which is very nice and thick.

I nuke it for 60 secs in the microwave, then fry it in a little oil for maybe 5 mins or so per side.

Generally turns out ok ish.

And by the time I've done that the carrots & other veg are more or less cooked.

Comment

Last year the VR thingie was punted in May, so it's not long to wait now.

If I can just stop oiling the AK, we'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Unless I make a mistake, I buy the M&S breaded haddock, which is very nice and thick.

I nuke it for 60 secs in the microwave, then fry it in a little oil for maybe 5 mins or so per side.

Generally turns out ok ish.

And by the time I've done that the carrots & other veg are more or less cooked.
            I might give that a try, though to be honest, I don't eat that much fish anyway

I should probably make the effort to eat more, though.

Comment

Last year the VR thingie was punted in May, so it's not long to wait now.

If I can just stop oiling the AK, we'll be fine.
              Is the attic window of the house with the buddleia still available? That might offer a good vantage point, being quite a way up the hill as I recall

Comment

Going to watch a film and then get an early night - the Super Monkey Car is off to the garage for its MOT tomorrow, and it'll probably get done sooner if I drop it off when they're just opening

Comment

Night all

The trouble with this working business is that it makes you go to bed at ridiculously early times.

Or I'm getting old.

Though I did have a nice snooze at lunchtime.

Comment

Night all

The trouble with this working business is that it makes you go to bed at ridiculously early times.

Or I'm getting old.

Though I did have a nice snooze at lunchtime.
                    Goodnight

Comment

Watching that Channel 4 documentary on Muslims.

Trevor Phillips helps explain why I gave up going to church when I was 7. It was a Methodist church as well....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X