• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byeeeee

I have a feeling I won't be saying that from this chair for very much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Byeeeee

I have a feeling I won't be saying that from this chair for very much longer.
      Onwards and upwards

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Onwards and upwards
        +1. I would say don't rush into things giving what has recently happened but given how much you hate the place see if redundancies are coming and if so grab one.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Making a decision and doing something about a situation that makes you miserable is liberating.

Assuming finances aren't tight, then I'd say Do it!

Comment

Onwards and upwards
            Onwards & downwards, that's been the last 12 years or so.

Originally posted by eek View Post
            +1. I would say don't rush into things giving what has recently happened but given how much you hate the place see if redundancies are coming and if so grab one.
            Yes, they should be offering VR shortly. Which I shall probably grab with both hands.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Making a decision and doing something about a situation that makes you miserable is liberating.

Assuming finances aren't tight, then I'd say Do it!
            Well my attitude to the job has always been that I'd keep on doing it as long as the ZeitParents were alive & needed me.

We're not in that situation any more.

Comment

A few plastic containers from the back of the freezer contained portions of casseroles of undetermined types. As they've been in there long enough to become thoroughly frostbitten, most of them are only small, and none of them look even slightly appetising once the frost has been brushed off them (the frost inside the container, that is), I've decided to bin them. I know for sure most of them are a year or more old.

I now have labels, so in future, I'll at least know what I'm chucking out. Or maybe, now I'm labelling and dating stuff, I'll manage to eat it while it's still edible

Also found a couple of those M&S thick-cut pork chops, dating back to last September. They're now defrosting in the bottom of the fridge, for dinner tomorrow

Still not sure what to have tonight…

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                It must be said that the ZeitSearch for contracts hasn't turned up much of interest.

Ho hum.
                Reminder about that chap I know (though I haven't seen him in a few years) who discovered, much to his surprise, that his 1970s-80s electronics skills that he'd thought obsolete allowed him to make absolutely shedloads contracting in the nuclear power industry, as they have large amounts of old kit that has to be kept working but can't easily find younger people who understand any of it

Comment

Off to Luton aiport.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Off to Luton aiport.
                    The white zone is for loading and unloading only. If you gotta load, or you gotta unload, go to the white zone. You'll love it. It's a way of life.

Comment

Still not sure what to have tonight…
                      I had that old favourite, boiled beef & carrots (plus onions), using up the last of the roast beef from sunday.

It was very nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X