• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

Glorious morning, it's almost warm.

Didn't have to wear a jumper, which makes a change.

So far:
    1. Paid water rates.
    2. set up direct debit for council tax on ZeitMater's house
    3. Phoned up gas people & arranged for "engineer" to visit on thursday morning. Same time as plumber for next door.
    4. Finally wrote the cheque for ZeitPater's probate application.

This afternoon, ZeitSis & I collect the ZeitMater will from the solicitor.

'Tis all go at ZeitTowers at the moment.

ZeitSis & I cleared all the wardrobes yesterday.

There's one chest of drawers to go.

The drawers are stuffed to the gunwhales with bedding & towels.

More deep joy.

Now off to purchase so nukable food from Morrisons so I can feed us both lunch.

Yum.

Comment

Afternoon
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        The has a name. He is "The Garden Thief". From the local residents email;

"This person is a serial offender! The man I saw fleeing the scene of the crime at a sedate hobble yesterday was well into his seventies, if not eighties, and was wearing a hearing aid although he pretended to be a lot more deaf than he really is. The distinctive feature was the red ramblers walking pole with metal tip that he was using. Around it was wrapped his ill-gotten gains secured by elastic bands. He clearly goes equipped and knows exactly what he is doing. Surely his neighbours must recognise him from this description."
        Had something similar when I lived in blighty and volunteered with Cats Protection. There was an old lady who would ring up about any lost cats or kittens saying they were hers. She would also "catnap" (pardon the pun) any of her neighbours cats if she saw them round the neighbourhood.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The Garden Thief

Seems like there will be no need for pitchforks. Excerpt from a helpful lady in the village.

"I spotted our Serial Soft Wood Sniper with 4 different cuttings tied to his red rambling stick. I recognised a red cherry tree and a rose cutting but not the other two. I approached the gentleman for a chat and discovered that he is aged 88 and lives on his own in the village. I explained that he shouldn't be stealing the cuttings and he was initially a little dismissive and asked if I was a police lady. When I explained to him that his antics were gathering attention around the village, he seemed quite confused and apologetic. He didn't know about the gardening club and doesn't have a computer so is not aware of the residents assoc either. This 88 year old chap lives for his garden as it is all he has left now. I feel it would be highly beneficial if he could join the gardening club and he seemed very interested to know all about it. I said he was far more likely to get better cuttings and even potted on varieties. I think a more compassionate approach is required when talking to him as he was definitely a little confused. I think he actually thought I was an off duty police lady so was very respectful in the end! I did finish the conversation with a smile and suggested he could come and trim my bush any time. Please can someone in the Gardening club offer advice and information if they see him and his shrubbed up stick."

The penultimate sentence is verbatim. I think Gricer's owner should subscribe to this email chain as the content is way better than their recent dross.
          Last edited by Pondlife; 5 April 2016, 10:42. Reason: added important "no" to 1st sentence.

Comment

HMRC have refunded the £100 fine I got for filing MrsF's tax return late
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

They wrote back to the appeal notice and said "you've still not filed your tax return, you need to do it quickly and then confirm the submission number before we will hear your appeal".
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out

Comment

Turns out that she has two tax accounts - one with her NI number (Mrs LF) and one with a UTR (Mr LF). So when I filed the return (late) it didn't get credited to either one and we ended up with two fines.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Very helpful guy couldn't find it at first then went off to look into it more. Found the filing, the cheque, the appeal letter, the appeal rejection - but there was nothing to link them all together.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

He says that they will write soon once they have sorted the mess out, but they have waived the fine as well because there was no way that we could have fixed the problem.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X