• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'm looking at possible sources of new filters online now.
    Turns out all parts, right down to its little rubber feet, are still available from the manufacturer, DeLonghi

Seriously, you could actually make one if you didn't mind paying somewhat over the odds for a ten-year-old model and putting it together yourself

New filters (only £2.50, so I ordered two) on the way. Saturday delivery cost £12, but normal delivery (i.e. next week sometime) cost £9, so I figured I might as well go the extra to get it up and running again ASAP

Comment

Turns out all parts, right down to its little rubber feet, are still available from the manufacturer, DeLonghi

Seriously, you could actually make one if you didn't mind paying somewhat over the odds for a ten-year-old model and putting it together yourself

New filters (only £2.50, so I ordered two) on the way. Saturday delivery cost £12, but normal delivery (i.e. next week sometime) cost £9, so I figured I might as well go the extra to get it up and running again ASAP
      I've been disappointed with my DeLonghi kettle. It boils nice and quick, but the little rubbery handle broke off the lid very early on, and was replaced with a custom made metal blob when eldest offspring was working as a welder. But even with that, the hole in the top of the kettle is so teeny that you can't clean it out properly. The spout filter thing disintegrated ages ago, as spout filter things generally do (perhaps not in your neck of the woods where the water is softer)

Comment

ms#5 broke a world record today.

Most people in one place dressed as Harry Potter. Apparently dressing as Harry Potter involves wearing school uniform, donning a home made conical hat, pipecleaner glasses and makeshift wand, and having a scar drawn on your forehead. Previous record was set about 3 weeks ago.

But I've never broken a world record.

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Morning all
            Evening

Comment

As cleaning the thingy took up all the time I might have devoted to cooking dinner, I went to the chippy. The new owners seem to be managing to maintain the standards set by Salvatore and family over all those years

Comment

I decided last weekend that I wouldn't drink any booze during this week, as a vague nod to the notion of healthy living.

But I'd forgotten that tomorrow's a Bank Holiday, and therefore part of the weekend. So now I'm trying to decide if I should take advantage of this legal nicety and have a beer, or stick to the initial notion of "no beer before Friday"

Comment

If you wait until after 3pm tomorrow, then you can have a beer to celebrate my birthday, won't be breaking any rules as it will be Saturday for me.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    If you wait until after 3pm tomorrow, then you can have a beer to celebrate my birthday, won't be breaking any rules as it will be Saturday for me.
                    Too late

Comment

As cleaning the thingy took up all the time I might have devoted to cooking dinner, I went to the chippy. The new owners seem to be managing to maintain the standards set by Salvatore and family over all those years
                      Excellent.

Since I rarely purchase fried potato in chips format, I am still wondering how the bunch that replaced Yolanda Opel are doing in Neath.

And we apparently have an award winning chip shop down the Melin.

Or so it claims on the window.

Comment

Working...
                      X