• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Evening all

Home again, with chocolate in both ovoid and non-ovoid form

Family gathering was fun. My brother's wife was only called by his ex-wife's name once, which is about as good as we ever manage. It's his fault for marrying women with very similar, but definitely different, first names. At least this time it wasn't me that did it
    What? You can remember peoples' names?

Jealous.

I'm name blind, which is a tad inconvenient in my line of work.

Just remembered the name of a chap I knew in Port Talbot: Percy Walpole (yes, one of those Walpoles apparently), who was, in his later years, a cobbler. He did interesting things in the last global conflict, allegedly.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      What? You can remember peoples' names?

Jealous.

I'm name blind, which is a tad inconvenient in my line of work.

Just remembered the name of a chap I knew in Port Talbot: Percy Walpole (yes, one of those Walpoles apparently), who was, in his later years, a cobbler. He did interesting things in the last global conflict, allegedly.
      I struggle with names and faces quite often, though I pick them up after a while. But it's not uncommon, in the first few days of a contract, for someone to say something like "Ask Dave, he'll set that up for you" thereby forcing me to ask who Dave is, only to discover he's the bloke sat next to me, who I've been talking to frequently while under the impression his name is Simon or some such

Comment

Eaten too much chocolate feel sick..
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Mother's nit-scope fetched a staggering £342.

Scary stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            You're winning Easter

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Scary stuff.
              Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Have you heard the bit where she goes battulip crazy with the AK yet?
                Reminds me about the story about the guy going back to Belfast and wanting to tell a joke about Semtex, but wasn't allowed to due to product placement issues
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Scary stuff.
                  Any problems with the buyer?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I've not eaten any chocolate today

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I struggle with names and faces quite often, though I pick them up after a while. But it's not uncommon, in the first few days of a contract, for someone to say something like "Ask Dave, he'll set that up for you" thereby forcing me to ask who Dave is, only to discover he's the bloke sat next to me, who I've been talking to frequently while under the impression his name is Simon or some such
                      Call everyone Boss or Chick and the problem is solved,

Worked well until someone though I was using it as a term of respect rather than laziness at not remembering people's name

Comment

Working...
                      X