• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    It's the weekend!
    Certainly is!

Comment

I'm celebrating the crucifixion and resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ by cleaning the deep fat fryer.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I'm celebrating the crucifixion and resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ by cleaning the deep fat fryer.
        Having taken apart the lid, which was sort of glued together, I'm increasingly of the belief that this fryer may have reached the end of its useful life. It still works and everything, but the filter is so gunked up as to be uncleanable.

I'll get it sorted out this time (though I may go to the chippy for tonight's tea and leave the lid components to soak overnight) but I think this will be its last refill

Comment

I think it was His scourging and mocking today.

The thing with the nails & wood was pencilled in for tomorrow.

The Romans liked to do things proper like.

Comment

Having taken apart the lid, which was sort of glued together, I'm increasingly of the belief that this fryer may have reached the end of its useful life. It still works and everything, but the filter is so gunked up as to be uncleanable.

I'll get it sorted out this time (though I may go to the chippy for tonight's tea and leave the lid components to soak overnight) but I think this will be its last refill
            A soak in boiling sodium carbonate (washing soda) might help.

Or it might just feck it up altogether.

Comment

The status quo will be reinstituted momentarily upon the promulgation of your entreaty
              WNFS, like.

Comment

Having partaken of a veritable feast of liver, bacon, with onion gravy, followed by a sweet and two mugs of tea, I am now almost comatose.

Damn.

Forgot the fava beans again.

Comment

Welll there's a thing then:

Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    A soak in boiling sodium carbonate (washing soda) might help.

Or it might just feck it up altogether.
                    I'm looking at possible sources of new filters online now.

Given that it works just fine, it seems a shame to junk it over one part. It's supposed to be a lifetime filter, but maybe they meant the lifetime of a sea otter or something.

Anyway, having cleaned it as exhaustively as I have tonight (I started three hours ago, and have only cleaned it this deeply once before in about ten years of ownership), I'm not keen on chucking it away in a hurry. I'll let it get dirty again first

I notice that a descendant model was Which? Best Buy just a couple of years ago…

Comment

Have bought some marvellous Thornton's chocolate bunnies for the pretend grandkids. I will buy their love

Comment

Working...
                      X