• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pox.

Dim Esteemed Customer complained that the 20k resistor I gave him was 10k.

Sadly, he was right.

So I've spent 20 minutes sorting through the drawer of 20k resistors to extract the 10k resistors.

Of which there were 10 or so.

Plainly, even with my glasses on, I can't read the damn things.

Comment

**** me, Mr SuperDim is now arguing about attendance and stuff like that.

After waffling on about patents.

You couldn't make it up.

Comment

ZeitBoredNow(tm).

Listing to the inanities from the other room, I feel we are all doomed, doomed I tell ye, dooooomed.

<rolls eyes in the approved Private Frazer fashion>

Comment

So this chap's got an amplifier see, it all works but no sound comes out.

Comment

Thinking of soup for lunch. Tomato, I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              So this chap's got an amplifier see, it all works but no sound comes out.

One assumes, just for the sake of completeness, that there is a sound going in to be amplified in the first place?
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Apparently so.

It's a class D amplifier and it all works but no sound comes out.

Comment

There are workmen outside. They've dug a hole in the pavement next to the pelican crossing, and erected a grey pole therein. It's about five feet taller than the traffic lights on the crossing.

There's also a temporary set of lights by the crossing on the other side of the road, but they aren't in use at the moment.

More on this story as it develops.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Apparently so.

It's a class D amplifier and it all works but no sound comes out.
                    So close…

Edison and Bell must both have had days like that.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      There are workmen outside. They've dug a hole in the pavement next to the pelican crossing, and erected a grey pole therein. It's about five feet taller than the traffic lights on the crossing.
                      I've found some details on the local roadworks map.

"TALL POLE INSTALLATION" it says.

They're not wrong there

Comment

Working...
                      X