• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    the bayonet one has two spring loaded pistons as contacts. They have been known to jam in their barrel I have a couple that had to be replaced in Vetran Mansions. Just bought a new fitting and swapped.
    There was solder on the pistons of the lampholder from the dining room.

It had obviously got a bit hot, though the bakelite had held up quite well.

I still can't figure out how the lamp fell out though.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      the bayonet one has two spring loaded pistons as contacts. They have been known to jam in their barrel I have a couple that had to be replaced in Vetran Mansions. Just bought a new fitting and swapped.
      Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Guide to Different Types of Light Bulbs - Homebase

The one that fell out of the socket was the "Classic" bulb shape with a halogen thingie inside it.

It had been in there about a fortnight.

It's been replaced with a new bayonet socket (the old one had seen much better days) and a new lampshade that gives much more ventilation & cooling.

The new bulb is one of those curly CFL things.

We shall see how long it lasts.

The unfused Tesco(tm) and Maplin "Heavy Duty" bulbs used to detonate out of this fitting in a 1000 pieces when they blew.
      I've been thinking it might be necessary to replace the fitting. I could ask the landlord/manager guy to get it done, but that would probably be a load of hassle and I daresay I can manage it myself. Just need to get up the stepladder with a torch to work out what needs to be done.

And, of course, I can't remember where I put the torch after the last time I used it; I just know it wasn't the place where I keep the torch

Hopefully the one on my phone will be adequate. Now I need to summon up the energy to get the ladder up, get up the ladder, then go up the road to Wilko's and get a bulb and, possibly, a new bayonet fitting… or maybe the hardware shop over the street will have the bits. I should try there first really, given it's only about thirty seconds away from my armchair if I time it right for the green man on the crossing

Comment

Don't forget to turn the light off first. <- or this will be NF.

Comment

Given up on the ZeitBigClock for today.

Needs a fresh look tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Don't forget to turn the light off first. <- or this will be NF.
            That's another thing I'll have to do - move some stuff out of the way so I can get to the fusebox in the farthest corner of the flat to turn the lecky off.

As the whole thing seems dangerously close to requiring a list, I've decided to postpone it for today

Just completed Phase I of chip preparation for tonight's dinner instead.

Comment

Just discovered a book about PostgreSQL that I bought last year, then forgot. It covers exactly the topics that I'd been thinking of buying a book about

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

Hello all

Contract setup paperwork all sorted, contract passed by Qdos - all set to go on Wednesday

Comment

Effing M62 is closed again, with all traffic being diverted off at Ainley Top. That's not my route home, but since all alternative routes in west yorkshire will be screwed for the forseeable, I've bought myself another brew from the canteen and resigned myself to being here late.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      Effing M62 is closed again, with all traffic being diverted off at Ainley Top. That's not my route home, but since all alternative routes in west yorkshire will be screwed for the forseeable, I've bought myself another brew from the canteen and resigned myself to being here late.
                      Snap!

Although I am heading from Manc to God's Own Country so my delay is all the fooking rubber neckers oogling the crash site

Where you going from/to?
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X