• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Very wet cycle in today. But if I can cycle in today, it makes it a lot easier on other days.
    last Wednesday was bad.

Mud, rain and burst tyre. not a happy bunny.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      last Wednesday was bad.

Mud, rain and burst tyre. not a happy bunny.
      Do you have puncture proof tyres?

Comment

Links are done

Now to work out why my bathroom light has blown two bulbs in as many months. It was making a very slight crackling noise the other night, too - I couldn't place the sound or where it was coming from at the time, as it was faint and intermittent, but realised what it was when the bulb went last night. I suspect the bayonet fitting may have something wrong with it

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Do you have puncture proof tyres?
          No such thing.

Puncture resistant yes, puncture proof, nope.

Even then punctures happen.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Anyone remember this?

The man who made 'the worst video game in history' - BBC News
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Links are done

Now to work out why my bathroom light has blown two bulbs in as many months. It was making a very slight crackling noise the other night, too - I couldn't place the sound or where it was coming from at the time, as it was faint and intermittent, but realised what it was when the bulb went last night. I suspect the bayonet fitting may have something wrong with it
              Look on the bright side (), at least the bulb didn't fall out onto the floor whilst you were sitting on the trap.

I still haven't got over the bulb falling out of the fitting in the dining room.

Comment

Afternoon
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Look on the bright side (), at least the bulb didn't fall out onto the floor whilst you were sitting on the trap.

I still haven't got over the bulb falling out of the fitting in the dining room.
                  There is that, I suppose

Googling the subject comes up with loads of stuff about American screw fittings. Apparently people screw the bulbs in too tightly for years, which squashes the contact within, leading to it making intermittent contact with the bulb. I wonder if there's something similar going on with the pins in my decent, British bayonet fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Yes, though to be fair there were shedloads of unbelievably crap games at the time - just not usually associated with a huge Hollywood franchise

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Yes, though to be fair there were shedloads of unbelievably crap games at the time - just not usually associated with a huge Hollywood franchise
                      You're right of course (and the benefit of hindsight helps here) but I'm sure we had a higher tolerance for crap games back then. Expectations just weren't so high.

Comment

Working...
                      X