• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Police chopper's hovering about outside (and up a bit)
    This explains it:
    X2 arrested following foot chase through gardens. Thank you to the local community of Ashleigh/Westleigh Rd. Matt557 https://t.co/PF1y2e8hbS

Better pop out and make sure they didn't run over my cars

Though according to another tweet, from the Roads Policing Team:
    Just assisting @WestcotesCops & @LeicsRAPT with a detained male. He ran from officers & whilst doing so has stood on a nail! #dontrunfromus

Comment

Went for a Chinese in the end

Watching that BBC documentary about the Docklands bombing. Twenty years ago; where does the time go?

Comment

Watched Monday's "X Files" which was refreshingly monster of the weekish.

Followed by "The Heist" a.k.a. "The Maiden Heist".

Review in usual place.

Can''t say I was overly impressed considering the stellar nature of the casting.

For a comedy it was mildly amusing.

Comment

The ZeitNiece is, for unknown reasons, in Barcelona for the weekend, prior to coming to the UK on business.

I suspect that it's time I went to bed.

Had a letter from the tv licence people today.

I'm about to inform them that there's no tv in the place that can receive a broadcast any more, they're all analogue.

Comment

One dead chicken this morning. I disposed of it. The Wife (tm) is sad.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              One dead chicken this morning. I disposed of it. The Wife (tm) is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                The ZeitNiece is, for unknown reasons, in Barcelona for the weekend, prior to coming to the UK on business.

I suspect that it's time I went to bed.

I'm about to inform them that there's no tv in the place that can receive a broadcast any more, they're all analogue.
                You still have to pay.

You may have a secret digital box.....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Night
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

You still have to pay.

You may have a secret digital box.....
                    Not necessarily. I had a TV Licensing guy knock on the door a few years ago. I told him I didn't have a working TV. He wanted to come in and have a look, but you don't have to let them in, and I was in a bit of a mood that evening, and he was acting like a git, so I refused. He muttered various imprecations about coming back with a warrant, but went away and didn't come back.

Then about four years ago - which would be about two or three three years after the first guy - I had another one at the door. This time I was in a slightly better mood, and he wasn't such a surly bastard as the first one, so I let him in, after making it clear I was doing so voluntarily and not granting any ongoing right of entry. I took him across the living room to point out the only TV in the place, on its side in the corner awaiting a journey to the tip, explaining it was analogue and my aerial didn't give a signal anyway since the digital switchover.

I'd forgotten that was one of the areas where I had a bunch of mousetraps, as that was when I had the bastards infesting the place and they'd been using that corner for travel. When he caught sight of those he couldn't get out fast enough

Once he was safely out the door, he made a point of showing me on his handheld computer thing that he'd registered me as having no working set, and left.

Since then I've had one letter asking about it, maybe eighteen months ago. I went on the website and confirmed I still didn't watch stuff at the same time it's being broadcast, and I've not been bothered since.

They've changed the rules now, because of live streaming: it used to be that having the equipment was enough, but now it's the vaguer "watches broadcast television programmes at the same time that they're being transmitted". So watching Formula 1, or Carols from King's College, or whatever on the BBC app on the iPad at the same time it's being broadcast needs a licence; but watching the same thing on catchup afterwards on a full-blown TV capable of receiving a digital TV signal doesn't.

But it seems having a healthy collection of primed mousetraps in the corner makes them forget all about asking about how you use your iPad or your telly

Comment

Annoying when I wake up early on a Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                      X