• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey and very, very gloomy out

There's much crashing and banging out the back as the scaffolding on the doctor's place is slowly disassembled and carted piece by piece down the fire escape.

Comment

Morning all. Bloody cold today. -2 according to the car on the way to client co. this morning.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Glorious sunny day here.

Someone's fecked with the weather again.

Comment

Morning all

Gloriously sunny here today but it's mindnumbingly cold at -3. All frost no snow.

Comment

Bugger.

Looks like the flywheel on my car is dying. Apparently it's a common problem as it's some sort of complicated dual mass jobbie. Just hope it lasts long enough to get me home and into the garage

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Bugger.

Looks like the flywheel on my car is dying. Apparently it's a common problem as it's some sort of complicated dual mass jobbie. Just hope it lasts long enough to get me home and into the garage
              Ouch!

But I thought you hired cars to get down there?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Dual mass flywheel.

<sucks teeth>

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Ouch!

But I thought you hired cars to get down there?
                  Nah, gave up on it as it was costing a fortune and I couldn't claim back the costs other than mileage as putting it through the business would have put it into company car territory. Once I went over the 10,000 mile limit for the year it was costing me more than I was getting back in expenses.

Even if this fix is expensive it's only the equivalent of a couple of months rental costs.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Nah, gave up on it as it was costing a fortune and I couldn't claim back the costs other than mileage as putting it through the business would have put it into company car territory. Once I went over the 10,000 mile limit for the year it was costing me more than I was getting back in expenses.

Even if this fix is expensive it's only the equivalent of a couple of months rental costs.
                    You asked MrsB if you can use her new car
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      You asked MrsB if you can use her new car
                      I may have to if they can't get it fixed before next week

O the plus side I'm only down here two days next week.
                      Last edited by DaveB; 20 January 2016, 11:30.

Comment

Working...
                      X