• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a meeting with external auditors earlier.

Last time that happened it took 6 weeks for them to agree that they knew the square root of **** all about warehousing. They sent in a different victim person this time. She actually had a clue. 45 minutes later and it was all sorted.

Edit: just as I type this I receive an email to say they need another 15 mins to clarify something. :dread:
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 13 August 2016, 21:59.

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 13 August 2016, 21:59.

Comment

Today I received email notifications that my access to certain Bitbucket repositories belonging to a client I last worked for in 2014 has been revoked. Guessing they don't want me back at the moment

Interesting to see that I still had write access to two of them

Comment

It's started chucking it down. Rather annoying; I'm planning to go to the chip shop

Comment

Made it to the chippy during a gap in the rain. Salvatore, despite having retired, was there - apparently he's acting as a consultant to the new owners for a little while

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Made it to the chippy during a gap in the rain. Salvatore, despite having retired, was there - apparently he's acting as a consultant to the new owners for a little while
                Was it as tasty as before? Do you think the new owners have what it takes?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Was it as tasty as before? Do you think the new owners have what it takes?
                  As Salvatore was cooking, it was exactly the same as before. As long as they learn from him, I reckon the new people will be OK

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

'Morning

Jobs for today:

1) Pay credit card bill
                      2) Sort out b'day pressie for ms#4
                      3) Pay sheltered housing bills
                      4) Drop docs at solicitor

Comment

Working...
                      X