• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Was hoping I'd be done for the day now but fecking pointless PM has put off a call till nowish.

They better answer their phone as I want to bugger off out for beers in a bit.
    If you want something done, do it yourself. Pointless PM despite having details she needed Tuesday has failed to get urgent stuff for dev work.

So because of this certain items will not go live and I'm going to get slammed for this.

Stupid f***** ****
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Byeeeeee

Comment

what sort of a **** arranges a 4 pm meeting on a day like this?

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Bit grey out there

The doctor has had a fence built across the bottom of his backyard. This is not good, as on bin days the bin men, though they'd come up the backs of the houses to get the bins, would then leave them in said yard, whence the residents would collect them. Now, the bin men will just leave them blocking the drive, meaning I'll have to drag them all back where they belong (or shove them all out on the pavement of the side street) if I'm the first to want to take a car out

Of course, the previous state of affairs had ended up with the yard being treated as a long-term bin storage area; at least a few people from further up could be seen carrying their rubbish all the way down to the doctor's, and even searching among the numerous bins there for one with their house number painted on it to dump it in, rather than taking the bin back to the house. The orange recycling bins, in particular, tended to collect there over time.

I presume this is why the doctor has had the fence built

Comment

Had a preliminary go on the exercise bike

Not much: just gave it a bit over ten minutes, supposedly equal to about 4km distance, on the lower settings. I'll build it up fairly gradually over the first couple of weeks, in accordance with the (surprisingly informative) advice in the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Had a preliminary go on the exercise bike

Not much: just gave it a bit over ten minutes, supposedly equal to about 4km distance, on the lower settings. I'll build it up fairly gradually over the first couple of weeks, in accordance with the (surprisingly informative) advice in the manual.
              How was the seat? Are you now casually leaning against a worktop to watch tv rather than sitting?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                How was the seat? Are you now casually leaning against a worktop to watch tv rather than sitting?
                The seat is actually really good for a cheap machine - good enough that it was only about half an hour later that I suddenly thought "Hey! I never even noticed the seat!"

Comment

Having decided I fancy watching a film, preferably one with explosions and so on, I've remembered that I picked up Robocop on Blu-ray recently (some Amazon deal). Haven't seen that in at least twenty years, so that'll do

Comment

Comment

Morning. Drizzly now, in a break from the recent saturday tradition of torrential rain. Still, there's time yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X