• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Reasonably OK day out there today

Got to neck this coffee, and then see about getting down to That London for The Social Event of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Morning denizens

Reasonably OK day out there today

Got to neck this coffee, and then see about getting down to That London for The Social Event of the Year
      The IPSE do is next week!
      Join IPSE

Comment

ClientoCo is mostly deserted today following last nights festivities. The permies who are in are trying to sit quietly. They're the bosses. Their minions have wisely all taken the day off. I didn't join them last night.

Now, there are a number of projects ongoing which are scheduled for code merge ahead of a release next week. I know nothing about any of these ones. But I am taking great pleasure in referring all enquiries to the hungover know-nothing boss men who are now having to try and pick the pieces up. It sounds like a right old cluster ****.

Comment

So, most of the permies are off today, the ones who are in can't be ar$ed to do anything (just like me) and there are auditors putting requests in.
          I get asked to help... User:"WTFH we urgently need the report run that was run the last time. Can you include it along with screenshots of the data selection. Need it today"
          Me: "sure, no problem. Can you ask them what the report was, get them to send a copy of it and the data selection then I know what to re-run"
          User: "OK, will come back to you shortly"
          ...2 hours later...
          User: "Auditors are off today. I'll let you know on Monday"

So, it's really urgent, but the people who say it's urgent aren't around. They are just demanding stuff then walking away. I've decided not to tell the user that I'm off next week. The auditor's request was not really urgent, so they will get a response when it suits me.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Excellently passive aggressive. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Am very drunk. Bugger
              In training for tonight?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Clientco have stated again they want to renew. this will be for a long term programme that they want to kick off.

Said programme is very much in the fluff and bluster stage with nothing tangible agreed. So we'll see what's what.

I did say to pimp if I'm being bumped up to a program manager then I want the requisite dosh.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Clientco have stated again they want to renew. this will be for a long term programme that they want to kick off.

Said programme is very much in the fluff and bluster stage with nothing tangible agreed. So we'll see what's what.

I did say to pimp if I'm being bumped up to a program manager then I want the requisite dosh.
                  Keep on invoicing and bumping the rate until the whole thing turns to ashes! That's the way to do it

Comment

Keep on invoicing and bumping the rate until the whole thing turns to ashes! That's the way to do it
                    +1

Death march in style!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Will certainly do, am using the current role to bump the rate up as I've got 2 PMs reporting to me, so its kinda more than I was taken on to do originally.
                      Not to mention I was introduced as the new program manger for the new project that I'll be taking over when they renew.
                      Have given the pimp some ammo, so hopefully......
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X