• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The cycle in was predictably cold. I had on my triathlon thermal jumper. As warm as a thick sweater but super thin. Ski mask. And leggings. Or long johns. And think girls call them tights.....
    a new film "Brillopad men in tights!"
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I see the Wig Wearing War Criminal's avatar was doing an interview in "The Metro" this very morning.

I was greatly disturbed.

Byeeee

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        a new film "Brillopad men in tights!"

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Home again. No word on the specs yet

I took advantage of Sainsbury's double points promo (ends tomorrow), whereby you can redeem Nectar points for a voucher of double the normal value, to spend on some specific category of product (homeware, clothing, electrical, toys, and so forth).

My chosen category was "Taste the Difference wines and fortified wines" and I went in for the maximum twenty quid of points, giving me a voucher for forty quid. The overall effect is that, in return for buying twenty quid of reasonably decent wine with Nectar points that I never use anyway, I've got a twenty quid bottle of 1998 vintage port for nowt

I believe you can do it once per category, but I haven't been able to think of anything(s) worth forty quid that I want from the other categories. Unless there's a Scalextric set in the toys category? There's a thought…

Comment

Turns out my fan heater is held together with "tamperproof" Torx screws (TT20). I have a suitable bit, but the handle thing into which it fits has a shaft that's too wide to get down the deep holes at the bottom of which a couple of the screws live. So I've ordered a suitable screwdriver from Amazon.

I'm wondering if, in terms of expenditure and time spent, it might not make more sense to just buy a new one; but assuming cleaning the innards does get it working properly again, I daresay it'll be more satisfying to have fixed it myself

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Wat tyres have you got on there atm?
              errr - puncture proof ones that Halfords put on there! I can't even fix a puncture!

Comment

Co-op low fat fish pie for dinner. And asparagus. And Broccoli.

Comment

I am watching doc martin on ITV3.

Comment

Chicken tikka masala a la Patak for dinner, with boiled basmati rice and a naan. And a few poppadoms beforehand, with mango chutney a la spoonlicker
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 23 November 2015, 20:50. Reason: Sodding autocorrect turning "masala" into "marsala"…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Turns out my fan heater is held together with "tamperproof" Torx screws (TT20). I have a suitable bit, but the handle thing into which it fits has a shaft that's too wide to get down the deep holes at the bottom of which a couple of the screws live. So I've ordered a suitable screwdriver from Amazon.

I'm wondering if, in terms of expenditure and time spent, it might not make more sense to just buy a new one; but assuming cleaning the innards does get it working properly again, I daresay it'll be more satisfying to have fixed it myself
                      they are pretty simple but built very cheaply to not be repaired, if its not the fuse I would throw it
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X