• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join IPSE

Comment

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

WMSS

Fortunately one of my PITA meetings for today has been cancelled, so that only leaves 4.5 hours of scheduled pointlessness for the day.

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              If you can reach it you might be able to slap a bit of chemical metal over the hole as a temporary fix. You'd have to depressurise the central heating first though. Worked a treat on the copper pipe to the clutch on my old Triumph when it wore through from rubbing against the bulkhead.
              Pressurise it?

It's like using a garden hose to fill the underfloor space?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Indeed.

The pipes leading to the radiator in my hall, one of which is pissing water into the floor cavity, are unsleeved.

In fact the one of them that's forced against the brickwork coz the oik couldn't be arsed to drill a hole through the joist is the one that's leaking.

Mind you, it took about 35 years and a replacement combi for the leak to happen.
                Oh Zeity boy, the pipes, the pipes are leaking
                From joist to joist, and down the cavity
                The pressure's gone, and all the water's dripping
                It's you, it's you must go and buy some sleeves.

Comment

Aye.

I think the replacement 18" of pipe will pass through the joist rather than under it.

Comment

Morning

Comment

I'm sat here listening to the 2nd year esteemed customer feckwhits holding forth in the lab.

It's funny how the ones without sufficient brain cells to rub together manage to make the most noise.

I've just given out the stuff I would have taught about PICs and PIC programming back in the days before semesterisation raised its stupid head.

I don't suppose I'll be running that again before I retire.

Comment

Working...
                      X