• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping done. I decided to put off the spectacle business until tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Is this apropos of nothing or does it have a bearing on your damp floor problem?
      Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      As should any that are buried in concrete floors.

It's not the mortar that corrodes them, it's the movement against the brickwork as they expand and contract that eventually wears holes in them.
      Indeed.

The pipes leading to the radiator in my hall, one of which is pissing water into the floor cavity, are unsleeved.

In fact the one of them that's forced against the brickwork coz the oik couldn't be arsed to drill a hole through the joist is the one that's leaking.

Mind you, it took about 35 years and a replacement combi for the leak to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        ZeitZenChuryOm

How much do I owe Zeity for using that?
        72 raisins.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Gradual and imperceptible wear leading to catastrophic failure, much like a de Havilland Comet
          Fortunately my central heating is firmly grounded.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Shopping done. I decided to put off the spectacle business until tomorrow
            Well you wouldn't want to make a spectacle of yourself, now would you?

I was gutted to find that one of my favourite ready readers had scratched lenses.

No wonder everything looked a bit blurry.

That's a whole £1 down the drain.

Comment

Much to my delight, the 2nd year esteemed customers have buggered off.

They are, it must be said, one of the most irritating groups it's been my misfortune to encounter in the last 10 years.

Empty vessels & all that.

Comment

Om.

Smiley Zen

Comment

They've gone & now so shall I.

Byeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Indeed.

The pipes leading to the radiator in my hall, one of which is pissing water into the floor cavity, are unsleeved.

In fact the one of them that's forced against the brickwork coz the oik couldn't be arsed to drill a hole through the joist is the one that's leaking.

Mind you, it took about 35 years and a replacement combi for the leak to happen.
                    If you can reach it you might be able to slap a bit of chemical metal over the hole as a temporary fix. You'd have to depressurise the central heating first though. Worked a treat on the copper pipe to the clutch on my old Triumph when it wore through from rubbing against the bulkhead.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Steak & chips for tea; ribeye, 28 days dry aged

I feel a lot better for that

Comment

Working...
                      X