• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Sadly not

Linky

Hope you read this in time!
    It was announced on the train to Neath last evening.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      There's a muscle somewhere just beneath my right shoulder blade that keeps complaining if I turn, or twist, or lean, or generally do anything much that involves it

I assume I managed to do something to it when hauling the desk upstairs

Still, it's not that bad, and it'll probably be OK tomorrow. I plan on taking it moderately easy, just getting books unpacked and shelved. Once that's done, there'll be enough room to get the desk set up; and with that done, I can get the new iMac set up

Oh, and there's that other bookcase for the DVDs, but that one won't be a huge amount of effort. Well, I don't think so. It's definitely smaller and a lot lighter than the Ikea ones, and at least there's plenty of space to work in now

Goodnight all
      Fingers & claws crossed that no leak develops under the desk necessitating its dismantling 15 years on.

<ZG in "fecking central heating & plumbers" mode>

Comment

Had a very odd dream.

I'd bought one of these

And was in the process of repairing it.

With an AVO model 40.

And I realised that the headwheel on the VTR wouldn't turn because the compressed air wasn't on, and there was no vacuum for the tape guide.

For some reason the thermionic valves for the record function were hanging on a bit of veroboard.

And the Avo model 40 had a bent pointer.

Then I woke up.

I haven't seen an Ampex VR2000 in more than 35 years.

So why it's haunting me now, I really don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          It was announced on the train to Neath last evening.
          Good news

Just waiting for mine now.. Electronic board thingy seems to indicate no problems...

Comment

Morning all.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out there today

Weird back muscle thingy kept waking me up. Also, it isn't as much better today as I'd hoped it might be

Still, exercise is probably the best thing for it, so I'll get some books sorted out later

Comment

Oh, and today's the day Virgin Media are upgrading the green box on the corner, so I'm having to go online via my mobile 4G dongle thingy

Luckily I'd already whacked some credit on it for when I was at the conference last week. I should probably spend the morning streaming HD video, just to get my money's worth

Comment

I never did get that Vodaphone crap interweb dongly thing to work.

Despite spending a not inconsiderable amount of money trying.

Piece of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    I never did get that Vodaphone crap interweb dongly thing to work.

Despite spending a not inconsiderable amount of money trying.

Piece of crap.
                    This one tends to be OK most of the time, though it has its moments

Comment

The only page I ever saw was the Vodacrapphone home page.

I hope I never ever see it again.

Not that I'm bearing a grudge, you understand. <Zeity blinks like Chief Inspector Dreyfus in The Pink Panther>

Comment

Working...
                      X